Mar 2, 2014, 10:21 AM EDT
When the Buffalo Sabres acquired Jaroslav Halak as part of the trade that sent Ryan Miller to the Blues, it was suspected that Sabres GM Tim Murray might try to send him elsewhere before Wednesday’s trade deadline.
As it turns out, his phone lines are already buzzing to do just that.
Michael Russo of The Star-Tribune reports the Minnesota Wild have been contacted by the Sabres about Halak, but Wild GM Chuck Fletcher has some doubts about Halak. From Russo:
But some inside the Wild worry he was a product of the Blues’ stingy system and there’s a reason St. Louis felt Miller, not Halak, was the final piece of a Stanley Cup puzzle.
But if the price is right, Fletcher could pull the trigger.
The Wild are also kicking the tires elsewhere (New Jersey, Carolina) for goaltending help. Meanwhile, Halak was on the ice in Buffalo for practice this morning before the team heads out of town for a three-game road trip starting in Dallas.
At least he doesn’t have to change his pad colors going from the Blues to the Sabres.
To add fuel to the fire of speculation, Halak told reporters following practice he wasn’t starting in Dallas tomorrow.
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 10
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 64
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 7
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 47
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 39
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 15
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 98
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 18
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)