Mar 2, 2014, 3:19 PM EST
When things began turning around for the Philadelphia Flyers earlier this season, they started to become an especially tough out when other teams carried leads into the third period. That trend might just carry over to the post-Olympic break, as they stormed back from a 4-2 third period deficit to beat the Washington Capitals 5-4 in OT on Sunday.
A few thoughts to take with you into the comments:
— Orlov’s two-goal game was the first of his career. It also boosted his season goal total to three. Oddly enough, all three goals have come against the Flyers.
— It wasn’t all fun and games for Orlov as he took a five-minute major for charging Brayden Schenn in the third period. Voracek scored during the major power play, but the Caps limited the damage to just one goal. Click here for video of the hit.
— Mark Streit generated one of those how-was-that-not-a-goal moments as he kept this puck out … barely:
— Alex Ovechkin didn’t score a goal, so his season total stays at 43. He did unfortunately contribute to a Flyers goal.
— The Flyers won, but Steve Downie made some bonehead plays that might get him in the doghouse. Is he worth the trouble for Philly?
Feb 1, 2015, 1:45 PM EST
The 452nd of his career.
Feb 1, 2015, 12:47 PM EST
Watch some hockey before a certain big game.
Feb 1, 2015, 12:39 PM EST
Andrei Vasilevskiy gets recalled in his place.
Feb 1, 2015, 12:18 PM EST
Pittsburgh continues to navigate injury challenges.
Feb 1, 2015, 11:50 AM EST
Time to hit the brakes on that rumor?
Feb 1, 2015, 10:37 AM EST
St. Louis is 9-0-1 in its last 10 games.
Feb 1, 2015, 9:37 AM EST
A big hip check and three assists from the defenseman.
Feb 1, 2015, 1:41 AM EST
Got a little help, too. Quick whistle on Toews chances.
Feb 1, 2015, 12:55 AM EST
Stopped 31 of 32 shots for the win.
Feb 1, 2015, 12:07 AM EST
No call. Got a little testy out there after that hit.
Jan 31, 2015, 11:17 PM EST
Boston maintaining their hold on a Wild Card spot.
Jan 31, 2015, 10:23 PM EST
Maybe February will be better?
Jan 31, 2015, 9:44 PM EST
Battle of Alberta isn’t what it used to be.
Jan 31, 2015, 8:57 PM EST
Scary moment, but he has stayed in the game.
Jan 31, 2015, 8:27 PM EST
Goal No. 715 of his career.
Jan 31, 2015, 8:14 PM EST
Short-handed, too! *Thumbs up*
Jan 31, 2015, 7:43 PM EST
Starting Sunday, these teams will play each other three times in 16 days.
Jan 31, 2015, 7:16 PM EST
Obviously not smart.
Jan 31, 2015, 6:46 PM EST
Allowed five goals on 20 shots.
Jan 31, 2015, 6:19 PM EST
Two losses in a row for the Islanders.
- Video: Shattenkirk injured, won’t return after collision with Ovechkin 0
- Ovechkin becomes fifth player to start career with 10 straight 30+ goal seasons 0
- End nearing? Lightning waive Nabokov 1
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 23
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 10
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 16
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 14
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 12
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 28