Mar 2, 2014, 3:19 PM EDT
When things began turning around for the Philadelphia Flyers earlier this season, they started to become an especially tough out when other teams carried leads into the third period. That trend might just carry over to the post-Olympic break, as they stormed back from a 4-2 third period deficit to beat the Washington Capitals 5-4 in OT on Sunday.
A few thoughts to take with you into the comments:
– Orlov’s two-goal game was the first of his career. It also boosted his season goal total to three. Oddly enough, all three goals have come against the Flyers.
– It wasn’t all fun and games for Orlov as he took a five-minute major for charging Brayden Schenn in the third period. Voracek scored during the major power play, but the Caps limited the damage to just one goal. Click here for video of the hit.
– Mark Streit generated one of those how-was-that-not-a-goal moments as he kept this puck out … barely:
– Alex Ovechkin didn’t score a goal, so his season total stays at 43. He did unfortunately contribute to a Flyers goal.
– The Flyers won, but Steve Downie made some bonehead plays that might get him in the doghouse. Is he worth the trouble for Philly?
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 0
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 4
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 8
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 33
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)