Mar 2, 2014, 3:19 PM EST
When things began turning around for the Philadelphia Flyers earlier this season, they started to become an especially tough out when other teams carried leads into the third period. That trend might just carry over to the post-Olympic break, as they stormed back from a 4-2 third period deficit to beat the Washington Capitals 5-4 in OT on Sunday.
A few thoughts to take with you into the comments:
— Orlov’s two-goal game was the first of his career. It also boosted his season goal total to three. Oddly enough, all three goals have come against the Flyers.
— It wasn’t all fun and games for Orlov as he took a five-minute major for charging Brayden Schenn in the third period. Voracek scored during the major power play, but the Caps limited the damage to just one goal. Click here for video of the hit.
— Mark Streit generated one of those how-was-that-not-a-goal moments as he kept this puck out … barely:
— Alex Ovechkin didn’t score a goal, so his season total stays at 43. He did unfortunately contribute to a Flyers goal.
— The Flyers won, but Steve Downie made some bonehead plays that might get him in the doghouse. Is he worth the trouble for Philly?
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 0
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 24
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)