Mar 2, 2014, 10:53 PM EST
For two periods, it looked like the St. Louis Blues would leave Ryan Miller in a familiar situation during his debut with the team: without any goal support. That changed in a big way in the third period, however, as they stormed back from a 2-0 deficit to earn a 4-2 win against the Phoenix Coyotes on Sunday.
The Blues shared this photo of Miller, 33, making one of his 23 saves:
That four-goal output in the third period was a bit odd from the Blues, as NHL.com’s Lou Korac illustrates:
After 540 games with the Buffalo Sabres, Miller garnered a win in his first start with St. Louis.
Here are the two goals Miller allowed, which included a very rare Paul Bissonnette tally:
Miller will play his first home game with the Blues on Tuesday as they host the Tampa Bay Lightning.
Steve Ott also debuted for the Blues on Sunday. He generated two shots on goal and delivered three hits in 13:58 of ice time.
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 15
- Mike Richards clears waivers 27
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 13
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 53
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)