Mar 2, 2014, 10:53 PM EDT
For two periods, it looked like the St. Louis Blues would leave Ryan Miller in a familiar situation during his debut with the team: without any goal support. That changed in a big way in the third period, however, as they stormed back from a 2-0 deficit to earn a 4-2 win against the Phoenix Coyotes on Sunday.
The Blues shared this photo of Miller, 33, making one of his 23 saves:
That four-goal output in the third period was a bit odd from the Blues, as NHL.com’s Lou Korac illustrates:
After 540 games with the Buffalo Sabres, Miller garnered a win in his first start with St. Louis.
Here are the two goals Miller allowed, which included a very rare Paul Bissonnette tally:
Miller will play his first home game with the Blues on Tuesday as they host the Tampa Bay Lightning.
Steve Ott also debuted for the Blues on Sunday. He generated two shots on goal and delivered three hits in 13:58 of ice time.
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Eastern Conference Final Game 6 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 26
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 9
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)