Mar 2, 2014, 10:53 PM EDT
For two periods, it looked like the St. Louis Blues would leave Ryan Miller in a familiar situation during his debut with the team: without any goal support. That changed in a big way in the third period, however, as they stormed back from a 2-0 deficit to earn a 4-2 win against the Phoenix Coyotes on Sunday.
The Blues shared this photo of Miller, 33, making one of his 23 saves:
That four-goal output in the third period was a bit odd from the Blues, as NHL.com’s Lou Korac illustrates:
After 540 games with the Buffalo Sabres, Miller garnered a win in his first start with St. Louis.
Here are the two goals Miller allowed, which included a very rare Paul Bissonnette tally:
Miller will play his first home game with the Blues on Tuesday as they host the Tampa Bay Lightning.
Steve Ott also debuted for the Blues on Sunday. He generated two shots on goal and delivered three hits in 13:58 of ice time.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 0
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 7
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 28
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)