Mar 1, 2014, 10:35 PM EST
Jonathan Toews gave the Chicago Blackhawks a two-goal lead over the Pittsburgh Penguins in the second period of Saturday’s Stadium Series game. That counts as the 20th goal of the season for Toews, the Blackhawks’ captain.
The Blackhawks extended their lead to 3-0 with a goal from Kris Versteeg with less than four minutes remaining in the middle period. Shots after two periods were 31-18 for Chicago.
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 11
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 13
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 12
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 1
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 19
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 23
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 33