Mar 1, 2014, 10:35 PM EDT
Jonathan Toews gave the Chicago Blackhawks a two-goal lead over the Pittsburgh Penguins in the second period of Saturday’s Stadium Series game. That counts as the 20th goal of the season for Toews, the Blackhawks’ captain.
The Blackhawks extended their lead to 3-0 with a goal from Kris Versteeg with less than four minutes remaining in the middle period. Shots after two periods were 31-18 for Chicago.
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 33
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 28
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 15
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22