Mar 1, 2014, 9:25 PM EST
It was the perfect shot.
Patrick Sharp gave the Chicago Blackhawks a 1-0 lead over the Pittsburgh Penguins late in the first period of Saturday’s Stadium Series game in snowy conditions at Soldier Field (You can watch the game LIVE by clicking here). He let go a quick one-time snap shot on a Jonathan Toews set-up from behind the Pittsburgh net.
Of course, one of the key storylines with this game so far has been the snow. It appears to have let up as the second period is now underway, but was previously causing problems for players trying to move the puck, and extra work for those tasked with shoveling the snow off the ice surface.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 15
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 13
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 7
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8