Mar 1, 2014, 9:25 PM EDT
It was the perfect shot.
Patrick Sharp gave the Chicago Blackhawks a 1-0 lead over the Pittsburgh Penguins late in the first period of Saturday’s Stadium Series game in snowy conditions at Soldier Field (You can watch the game LIVE by clicking here). He let go a quick one-time snap shot on a Jonathan Toews set-up from behind the Pittsburgh net.
Of course, one of the key storylines with this game so far has been the snow. It appears to have let up as the second period is now underway, but was previously causing problems for players trying to move the puck, and extra work for those tasked with shoveling the snow off the ice surface.
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 4
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Report: Dal Colle signs with Islanders (Updated) 1
- Bridge built: Blues lock up Schwartz to two-year deal reportedly worth $4.7M 12
- Comedian Will Arnett at Leafs practice 8
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys (28)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)