Mar 1, 2014, 9:25 PM EST
It was the perfect shot.
Patrick Sharp gave the Chicago Blackhawks a 1-0 lead over the Pittsburgh Penguins late in the first period of Saturday’s Stadium Series game in snowy conditions at Soldier Field (You can watch the game LIVE by clicking here). He let go a quick one-time snap shot on a Jonathan Toews set-up from behind the Pittsburgh net.
Of course, one of the key storylines with this game so far has been the snow. It appears to have let up as the second period is now underway, but was previously causing problems for players trying to move the puck, and extra work for those tasked with shoveling the snow off the ice surface.
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 48
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 27
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 76
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 20
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Video: Penguins hold on to beat Capitals for first time this season 29
- Video: Fight erupts between Penguins and Capitals inside Pittsburgh’s bench 40
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (76)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)