Mar 1, 2014, 9:25 PM EST
It was the perfect shot.
Patrick Sharp gave the Chicago Blackhawks a 1-0 lead over the Pittsburgh Penguins late in the first period of Saturday’s Stadium Series game in snowy conditions at Soldier Field (You can watch the game LIVE by clicking here). He let go a quick one-time snap shot on a Jonathan Toews set-up from behind the Pittsburgh net.
Of course, one of the key storylines with this game so far has been the snow. It appears to have let up as the second period is now underway, but was previously causing problems for players trying to move the puck, and extra work for those tasked with shoveling the snow off the ice surface.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 45
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 72
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 20
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 55
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 74
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (72)