Mar 1, 2014, 9:25 PM EDT
It was the perfect shot.
Patrick Sharp gave the Chicago Blackhawks a 1-0 lead over the Pittsburgh Penguins late in the first period of Saturday’s Stadium Series game in snowy conditions at Soldier Field (You can watch the game LIVE by clicking here). He let go a quick one-time snap shot on a Jonathan Toews set-up from behind the Pittsburgh net.
Of course, one of the key storylines with this game so far has been the snow. It appears to have let up as the second period is now underway, but was previously causing problems for players trying to move the puck, and extra work for those tasked with shoveling the snow off the ice surface.
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 2
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 11
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 29
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 40
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 26
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 39
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)