Mar 1, 2014, 3:20 PM EST
Jaromir Jagr‘s has another achievement to add to his future Hall of Fame career .
Jagr scored his 700th career goal to give the Devils a 2-0 lead in the first period against the New York Islanders. Jagr is the seventh player to reach the 700-goal plateau all-time and is now eight goals behind Mike Gartner for sixth all-time in goals scored.
It may not have been a highlight-reel type of goal for the 42-year-old winger from Kladno, but they all count the same when they beat the goalie. Check out Jagr’s milestone goal with the call from the Devils broadcast.
As for how the all-time goal scorers list looks, here’s the company Jagr is keeping.
- Wayne Gretzky – 894
- Gordie Howe – 801
- Brett Hull – 741
- Marcel Dionne – 731
- Phil Esposito – 717
- Mike Gartner – 708
- Jaromir Jagr – 700
Not a bad group to be associated with.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)