Mar 1, 2014, 3:20 PM EDT
Jaromir Jagr‘s has another achievement to add to his future Hall of Fame career .
Jagr scored his 700th career goal to give the Devils a 2-0 lead in the first period against the New York Islanders. Jagr is the seventh player to reach the 700-goal plateau all-time and is now eight goals behind Mike Gartner for sixth all-time in goals scored.
It may not have been a highlight-reel type of goal for the 42-year-old winger from Kladno, but they all count the same when they beat the goalie. Check out Jagr’s milestone goal with the call from the Devils broadcast.
As for how the all-time goal scorers list looks, here’s the company Jagr is keeping.
- Wayne Gretzky – 894
- Gordie Howe – 801
- Brett Hull – 741
- Marcel Dionne – 731
- Phil Esposito – 717
- Mike Gartner – 708
- Jaromir Jagr – 700
Not a bad group to be associated with.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 3
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 25
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 7
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 53
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)