Mar 1, 2014, 8:31 PM EDT
Max Pacioretty gave the Montreal Canadiens a two-goal lead over their greatest rival, the Toronto Maple Leafs, with a wicked spin-o-rama backhand during the first period of Saturday’s Original Six match-up.
Pacioretty, who played for the U.S. at the 2014 Olympics in Sochi, is now up to 28 goals on the season, which is only five off his career best, which he set back 2011-12 with the Habs.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5