Mar 1, 2014, 11:52 PM EDT
There was a scary incident in the first period of Saturday’s game between the Calgary Flames and Edmonton Oilers.
Calgary Flames forward Kevin Westgarth was knocked to the ice after taking a hard punch to the face in a fight with Edmonton Oilers’ forward Luke Gazdic. Officials immediately began calling for a member of the Flames training staff to come out on the ice to attend to Westgarth.
The fight also appeared to be one of the notorious staged fights. It happened right off a faceoff at center ice, one second on the game clock after Flames rookie Sean Monahan scored to give Calgary the lead.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 4
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 18
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 44
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 46
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38