Mar 1, 2014, 5:16 PM EST
Alex Ovechkin‘s career has been a special one already, but he hit a plateau against the Boston Bruins this afternoon.
Ovechkin scored two power-play goals as the Caps rolled to a 4-2 win against the Bruins. His second goal of the game turned out to be special because it was his 800th career point. Check out the video of his tally courtesy of CSNWashington.com:
Of Ovechkin’s 800 points, 414 of those are goals.
After the game, Caps coach Adam Oates, he of the 1,420 point Hall of Fame career, had some fun commenting on Ovechkin hitting a large, round number.
- Pat Quinn, ‘one of hockey’s most respected individuals,’ has died 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Bruins seek perfect game vs. Penguins 2
- Legendary hockey coach Viktor Tikhonov has died 8
- Canucks’ Hamhuis placed on IR 3
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 31
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 17
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 97
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 5
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 16
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (97)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (87)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)