Mar 1, 2014, 5:16 PM EST
Alex Ovechkin‘s career has been a special one already, but he hit a plateau against the Boston Bruins this afternoon.
Ovechkin scored two power-play goals as the Caps rolled to a 4-2 win against the Bruins. His second goal of the game turned out to be special because it was his 800th career point. Check out the video of his tally courtesy of CSNWashington.com:
Of Ovechkin’s 800 points, 414 of those are goals.
After the game, Caps coach Adam Oates, he of the 1,420 point Hall of Fame career, had some fun commenting on Ovechkin hitting a large, round number.
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 34
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 9
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 9
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 28