Mar 1, 2014, 5:16 PM EDT
Alex Ovechkin‘s career has been a special one already, but he hit a plateau against the Boston Bruins this afternoon.
Ovechkin scored two power-play goals as the Caps rolled to a 4-2 win against the Bruins. His second goal of the game turned out to be special because it was his 800th career point. Check out the video of his tally courtesy of CSNWashington.com:
Of Ovechkin’s 800 points, 414 of those are goals.
After the game, Caps coach Adam Oates, he of the 1,420 point Hall of Fame career, had some fun commenting on Ovechkin hitting a large, round number.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 39
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 8
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 53
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)