Mar 1, 2014, 5:16 PM EDT
Alex Ovechkin‘s career has been a special one already, but he hit a plateau against the Boston Bruins this afternoon.
Ovechkin scored two power-play goals as the Caps rolled to a 4-2 win against the Bruins. His second goal of the game turned out to be special because it was his 800th career point. Check out the video of his tally courtesy of CSNWashington.com:
Of Ovechkin’s 800 points, 414 of those are goals.
After the game, Caps coach Adam Oates, he of the 1,420 point Hall of Fame career, had some fun commenting on Ovechkin hitting a large, round number.
Adam Oates, he of 1,420 career points, upon being told Ovechkin hit the 800-point plateau quips, “That’s not a milestone”.—
Katie Carrera (@kcarrera) March 01, 2014
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 2
- In praise of John Tavares 11
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 20
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 18
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36