Mar 1, 2014, 11:07 PM EDT
The Toronto Maple Leafs were displeased with a number of calls late in the third period and overtime of Saturday’s game against the rival Montreal Canadiens.
The Habs tied the game just past the midway point of the third period on a power play goal from P.K. Subban.
For the Leafs, their criticism of the officiating stemmed from three calls: an interference call on Tim Gleason that preceded the Subban equalizer; a Phil Kessel delay of game penalty for shooting the puck over the glass; and goalie Jonathan Bernier for a delay of game in overtime that preceded the Pacioretty winner.
“I was under the impression that if it was one-one-thousand you could take the player’s body,” said Leafs head coach Randy Carlyle of the Gleason penalty, as per Mark Masters of TSN.
“Disappointing that the calls that went against us are somewhat unusual,” added Carlyle.
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 0
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 3
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 9
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 8
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 17
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 13
- Sens tell fans to stop throwing hamburgers 35
- NHL confirms working with Isles, Leddy regarding Twitter threats (Updated) 16
- Snider: Patience is ‘great with the kids,’ but not with ‘the team we have on the ice’ 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Asst. GM Guerin admits Penguins need to lay off the refs (51)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)