Mar 1, 2014, 11:07 PM EDT
The Toronto Maple Leafs were displeased with a number of calls late in the third period and overtime of Saturday’s game against the rival Montreal Canadiens.
The Habs tied the game just past the midway point of the third period on a power play goal from P.K. Subban.
For the Leafs, their criticism of the officiating stemmed from three calls: an interference call on Tim Gleason that preceded the Subban equalizer; a Phil Kessel delay of game penalty for shooting the puck over the glass; and goalie Jonathan Bernier for a delay of game in overtime that preceded the Pacioretty winner.
“I was under the impression that if it was one-one-thousand you could take the player’s body,” said Leafs head coach Randy Carlyle of the Gleason penalty, as per Mark Masters of TSN.
“Disappointing that the calls that went against us are somewhat unusual,” added Carlyle.
van Riemsdyk unhappy with Kessel delay of game penalty. Believed it hit the glass. "You can't get that wrong at that time of the game."—
Jonas Siegel (@jonasTSN1050) March 02, 2014
Bernier: "I don't even know what's the rule, how far you can [come out] & get it & freeze it."—
Mark Masters (@markhmasters) March 02, 2014
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 4
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 62
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (62)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)