Mar 1, 2014, 12:37 AM EDT
Anaheim Ducks forward Mathieu Perreault suffered an upper-body injury on Friday and didn’t return return to tonight’s game against the St. Louis Blues.
NHL.com’s Curtis Zupke points out that Perreault fell awkwardly into the boards, likely causing his upper-body issue.
Perreault has enjoyed a nice first season with the Ducks, scoring 30 points in 51 games played. Perreault has had some minor injury issues this season, including missing a game in January with a lower-body injury and four contests in December.
The Ducks ended up beating the Blues 1-0 today.
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 0
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 3
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 26
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 45
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)