Mar 1, 2014, 12:37 AM EDT
Anaheim Ducks forward Mathieu Perreault suffered an upper-body injury on Friday and didn’t return return to tonight’s game against the St. Louis Blues.
NHL.com’s Curtis Zupke points out that Perreault fell awkwardly into the boards, likely causing his upper-body issue.
Perreault has enjoyed a nice first season with the Ducks, scoring 30 points in 51 games played. Perreault has had some minor injury issues this season, including missing a game in January with a lower-body injury and four contests in December.
The Ducks ended up beating the Blues 1-0 today.
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 9
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 16
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 5
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 25
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 29
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)