Mar 1, 2014, 12:37 AM EDT
Anaheim Ducks forward Mathieu Perreault suffered an upper-body injury on Friday and didn’t return return to tonight’s game against the St. Louis Blues.
NHL.com’s Curtis Zupke points out that Perreault fell awkwardly into the boards, likely causing his upper-body issue.
Perreault has enjoyed a nice first season with the Ducks, scoring 30 points in 51 games played. Perreault has had some minor injury issues this season, including missing a game in January with a lower-body injury and four contests in December.
The Ducks ended up beating the Blues 1-0 today.
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 5
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 9
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2