Mar 1, 2014, 12:37 AM EDT
Anaheim Ducks forward Mathieu Perreault suffered an upper-body injury on Friday and didn’t return return to tonight’s game against the St. Louis Blues.
NHL.com’s Curtis Zupke points out that Perreault fell awkwardly into the boards, likely causing his upper-body issue.
Perreault has enjoyed a nice first season with the Ducks, scoring 30 points in 51 games played. Perreault has had some minor injury issues this season, including missing a game in January with a lower-body injury and four contests in December.
The Ducks ended up beating the Blues 1-0 today.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 30
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 114
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (114)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (39)