Mar 1, 2014, 1:08 PM EDT
Derek Dorsett has been out since January 3, but he’ll make his return to the New York Rangers lineup this afternoon when they face the Philadelphia Flyers.
If that sounds like an annoying line to deal with, you’re probably right, but Rangers coach Alain Vigneault wants to see what they can do together as Andrew Gross at Ranger Rants shares.
“Dom’s done everything that we want,” Vigneault added. “Our record has been real good. He’s been playing real well, but sometimes you have to make tough decisions, and that’s not an easy one, considering the way he’s been playing. I need to see what Carcillo, Dorsett and Boyle can do together.”
What they’ll likely do is draw a lot of attention from the Flyers. Carcillo is a pest they know well in Philly, and by now, Dorsett has to be a known quantity of feisty play.
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 11
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 10
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 16
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 39
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)