Mar 1, 2014, 1:08 PM EDT
Derek Dorsett has been out since January 3, but he’ll make his return to the New York Rangers lineup this afternoon when they face the Philadelphia Flyers.
If that sounds like an annoying line to deal with, you’re probably right, but Rangers coach Alain Vigneault wants to see what they can do together as Andrew Gross at Ranger Rants shares.
“Dom’s done everything that we want,” Vigneault added. “Our record has been real good. He’s been playing real well, but sometimes you have to make tough decisions, and that’s not an easy one, considering the way he’s been playing. I need to see what Carcillo, Dorsett and Boyle can do together.”
What they’ll likely do is draw a lot of attention from the Flyers. Carcillo is a pest they know well in Philly, and by now, Dorsett has to be a known quantity of feisty play.
- Back to junior: Sabres return Reinhart to WHL Kootenay 1
- Report: Phone hearing for Burrows, who says hit on Emelin wasn’t late 8
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 12
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 31
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 24
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 5
- Struggling Coyotes ‘not anywhere good enough,’ says GM 9
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 8
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 5
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)