Mar 1, 2014, 1:08 PM EDT
Derek Dorsett has been out since January 3, but he’ll make his return to the New York Rangers lineup this afternoon when they face the Philadelphia Flyers.
If that sounds like an annoying line to deal with, you’re probably right, but Rangers coach Alain Vigneault wants to see what they can do together as Andrew Gross at Ranger Rants shares.
“Dom’s done everything that we want,” Vigneault added. “Our record has been real good. He’s been playing real well, but sometimes you have to make tough decisions, and that’s not an easy one, considering the way he’s been playing. I need to see what Carcillo, Dorsett and Boyle can do together.”
What they’ll likely do is draw a lot of attention from the Flyers. Carcillo is a pest they know well in Philly, and by now, Dorsett has to be a known quantity of feisty play.
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 8
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 4
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 12
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 28
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)