Mar 1, 2014, 1:08 PM EDT
Derek Dorsett has been out since January 3, but he’ll make his return to the New York Rangers lineup this afternoon when they face the Philadelphia Flyers.
If that sounds like an annoying line to deal with, you’re probably right, but Rangers coach Alain Vigneault wants to see what they can do together as Andrew Gross at Ranger Rants shares.
“Dom’s done everything that we want,” Vigneault added. “Our record has been real good. He’s been playing real well, but sometimes you have to make tough decisions, and that’s not an easy one, considering the way he’s been playing. I need to see what Carcillo, Dorsett and Boyle can do together.”
What they’ll likely do is draw a lot of attention from the Flyers. Carcillo is a pest they know well in Philly, and by now, Dorsett has to be a known quantity of feisty play.
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 50
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 2
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Redemption time? Montreal, Semin agree to one-year deal 26
- Full autonomy: Lamoriello’s place in Leafs’ chain of command 26
- Lamoriello’s departure removes any doubt: Devils are Shero’s team 21
- With Lamoriello hire, Leafs hammer home their culture change 23
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Ah, arbitration: Holtby reportedly asking for $8 million, Caps countering at $5.1 million (59)