Mar 1, 2014, 1:08 PM EDT
Derek Dorsett has been out since January 3, but he’ll make his return to the New York Rangers lineup this afternoon when they face the Philadelphia Flyers.
If that sounds like an annoying line to deal with, you’re probably right, but Rangers coach Alain Vigneault wants to see what they can do together as Andrew Gross at Ranger Rants shares.
“Dom’s done everything that we want,” Vigneault added. “Our record has been real good. He’s been playing real well, but sometimes you have to make tough decisions, and that’s not an easy one, considering the way he’s been playing. I need to see what Carcillo, Dorsett and Boyle can do together.”
What they’ll likely do is draw a lot of attention from the Flyers. Carcillo is a pest they know well in Philly, and by now, Dorsett has to be a known quantity of feisty play.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 19
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5