Mar 1, 2014, 9:40 PM EDT
Marian Hossa has left Saturday’s Stadium Series game between the Chicago Blackhawks and Pittsburgh Penguins with an upper-body injury and will not return.
Hossa’s last shift came in the opening minute of the second period. He took a heavy hit along the end boards with just over six remaining in the first period.
In 57 games this season, the 35-year-old Hossa has 24 goals and 50 points.
Updated: Chicago’s head coach Joel Quenneville said Hossa “might miss some time” but said the injury would not be long-term.
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 0
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 4
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 8
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 33
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)