Mar 1, 2014, 9:40 PM EST
Marian Hossa has left Saturday’s Stadium Series game between the Chicago Blackhawks and Pittsburgh Penguins with an upper-body injury and will not return.
Hossa’s last shift came in the opening minute of the second period. He took a heavy hit along the end boards with just over six remaining in the first period.
In 57 games this season, the 35-year-old Hossa has 24 goals and 50 points.
Updated: Chicago’s head coach Joel Quenneville said Hossa “might miss some time” but said the injury would not be long-term.
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 4
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 4
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 1
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 2
- Devils fire DeBoer 20
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 4
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 18
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 10
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)