Mar 1, 2014, 9:40 PM EDT
Marian Hossa has left Saturday’s Stadium Series game between the Chicago Blackhawks and Pittsburgh Penguins with an upper-body injury and will not return.
Hossa’s last shift came in the opening minute of the second period. He took a heavy hit along the end boards with just over six remaining in the first period.
In 57 games this season, the 35-year-old Hossa has 24 goals and 50 points.
Updated: Chicago’s head coach Joel Quenneville said Hossa “might miss some time” but said the injury would not be long-term.
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 4
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 1
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 22
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 9
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 37
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 12
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 20
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)