Mar 1, 2014, 9:40 PM EDT
Marian Hossa has left Saturday’s Stadium Series game between the Chicago Blackhawks and Pittsburgh Penguins with an upper-body injury and will not return.
Hossa’s last shift came in the opening minute of the second period. He took a heavy hit along the end boards with just over six remaining in the first period.
In 57 games this season, the 35-year-old Hossa has 24 goals and 50 points.
Updated: Chicago’s head coach Joel Quenneville said Hossa “might miss some time” but said the injury would not be long-term.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 39
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)