Mar 1, 2014, 10:04 PM EST
From The Denver Post:
No Avalanche practice today. The guys will skate at 9:30 a.m. Sunday to prepare for an evening game against the Tampa Bay Lighting. Avs D Erik Johnson will be back in the fold after serving his two-game suspension for slashing.
Johnson was given the ban while the NHL was on its Olympic break last month. It was the result of what the Department of Player Safety deemed a “reckless” and “violent” slash to the hand of New York Islanders forward Frans Nielsen.
With the suspension, Johnson was forced to forfeit $38,461.54 in salary to the Players’ Emergency Fund. This season with the Avalanche, the 25-year-old Johnson has seven goals and 24 points in 58 games.
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 4
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 2
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 15
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 33
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46