Mar 1, 2014, 10:04 PM EDT
From The Denver Post:
No Avalanche practice today. The guys will skate at 9:30 a.m. Sunday to prepare for an evening game against the Tampa Bay Lighting. Avs D Erik Johnson will be back in the fold after serving his two-game suspension for slashing.
Johnson was given the ban while the NHL was on its Olympic break last month. It was the result of what the Department of Player Safety deemed a “reckless” and “violent” slash to the hand of New York Islanders forward Frans Nielsen.
With the suspension, Johnson was forced to forfeit $38,461.54 in salary to the Players’ Emergency Fund. This season with the Avalanche, the 25-year-old Johnson has seven goals and 24 points in 58 games.
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 1
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 41
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 17
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 48
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)