Mar 1, 2014, 10:04 PM EDT
From The Denver Post:
No Avalanche practice today. The guys will skate at 9:30 a.m. Sunday to prepare for an evening game against the Tampa Bay Lighting. Avs D Erik Johnson will be back in the fold after serving his two-game suspension for slashing.
Johnson was given the ban while the NHL was on its Olympic break last month. It was the result of what the Department of Player Safety deemed a “reckless” and “violent” slash to the hand of New York Islanders forward Frans Nielsen.
With the suspension, Johnson was forced to forfeit $38,461.54 in salary to the Players’ Emergency Fund. This season with the Avalanche, the 25-year-old Johnson has seven goals and 24 points in 58 games.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25