Mar 1, 2014, 10:04 PM EDT
From The Denver Post:
No Avalanche practice today. The guys will skate at 9:30 a.m. Sunday to prepare for an evening game against the Tampa Bay Lighting. Avs D Erik Johnson will be back in the fold after serving his two-game suspension for slashing.
Johnson was given the ban while the NHL was on its Olympic break last month. It was the result of what the Department of Player Safety deemed a “reckless” and “violent” slash to the hand of New York Islanders forward Frans Nielsen.
With the suspension, Johnson was forced to forfeit $38,461.54 in salary to the Players’ Emergency Fund. This season with the Avalanche, the 25-year-old Johnson has seven goals and 24 points in 58 games.
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 4
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 19
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 9
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 8
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 17
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 33
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 11
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 20
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 24
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 25
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)