Feb 28, 2014, 11:53 AM EDT
TSN Hockey Insiders Bob McKenzie and Darren Dreger reported this week that general manager Tim Murray is listening in on offers for almost every player on the roster and McKenzie added Friday that while there’s no guarantee he’ll be traded, the Sabres have asked blueliner Christian Ehrhoff for – as his no-trade clause stipulates – a list of eight teams he doesn’t want to be traded to.
It’s not clear if Ehrhoff has to submit his list every season, or if it’s only upon request. Obviously, the latter case would mean more.
An offensive blue-liner, Ehrhoff is signed all the way through 2020-21 for a very manageable cap hit of $4 million. The 31-year-old’s contract is aggressively front-loaded, with his salary falling to just $1 million by 2018-19 (which does, of course, bring a potential cap-recapture penalty into the equation should he retire before the term is up).
McKenzie also tweets that teams could be calling the Sabres about defenseman Tyler Myers.
BUF GM Tim Murray is open to taking offers on virtually every player on his roster. Teams looking for D will be calling on Ehrhoff/Myers.—
Bob McKenzie (@TSNBobMcKenzie) February 28, 2014
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 1
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 27
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 58
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)