Feb 28, 2014, 11:53 AM EST
TSN Hockey Insiders Bob McKenzie and Darren Dreger reported this week that general manager Tim Murray is listening in on offers for almost every player on the roster and McKenzie added Friday that while there’s no guarantee he’ll be traded, the Sabres have asked blueliner Christian Ehrhoff for – as his no-trade clause stipulates – a list of eight teams he doesn’t want to be traded to.
It’s not clear if Ehrhoff has to submit his list every season, or if it’s only upon request. Obviously, the latter case would mean more.
An offensive blue-liner, Ehrhoff is signed all the way through 2020-21 for a very manageable cap hit of $4 million. The 31-year-old’s contract is aggressively front-loaded, with his salary falling to just $1 million by 2018-19 (which does, of course, bring a potential cap-recapture penalty into the equation should he retire before the term is up).
McKenzie also tweets that teams could be calling the Sabres about defenseman Tyler Myers.
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 3
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 11
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 11
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 18
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)