Feb 28, 2014, 11:53 AM EST
TSN Hockey Insiders Bob McKenzie and Darren Dreger reported this week that general manager Tim Murray is listening in on offers for almost every player on the roster and McKenzie added Friday that while there’s no guarantee he’ll be traded, the Sabres have asked blueliner Christian Ehrhoff for – as his no-trade clause stipulates – a list of eight teams he doesn’t want to be traded to.
It’s not clear if Ehrhoff has to submit his list every season, or if it’s only upon request. Obviously, the latter case would mean more.
An offensive blue-liner, Ehrhoff is signed all the way through 2020-21 for a very manageable cap hit of $4 million. The 31-year-old’s contract is aggressively front-loaded, with his salary falling to just $1 million by 2018-19 (which does, of course, bring a potential cap-recapture penalty into the equation should he retire before the term is up).
McKenzie also tweets that teams could be calling the Sabres about defenseman Tyler Myers.
- On the odds of fighting back after Thanksgiving 6
- Why are the Oilers still bad? Look at their drafting 20
- The Leafs are worth almost seven times the Panthers, says Forbes 15
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? 42
- Crosby, Malkin power Penguins, help Fleury grab 300th win 5
- Sooner than later? Bruins GM hopes Chara can return in 10-14 days 1
- With worst save percentage in NHL, Oilers fire goalie coach 22
- Pat Quinn, ‘one of hockey’s most respected individuals,’ has died 14
- NHL on NBCSN: Bruins seek perfect game vs. Penguins 8
- Legendary hockey coach Viktor Tikhonov has died 15
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)