Feb 28, 2014, 11:53 AM EST
TSN Hockey Insiders Bob McKenzie and Darren Dreger reported this week that general manager Tim Murray is listening in on offers for almost every player on the roster and McKenzie added Friday that while there’s no guarantee he’ll be traded, the Sabres have asked blueliner Christian Ehrhoff for – as his no-trade clause stipulates – a list of eight teams he doesn’t want to be traded to.
It’s not clear if Ehrhoff has to submit his list every season, or if it’s only upon request. Obviously, the latter case would mean more.
An offensive blue-liner, Ehrhoff is signed all the way through 2020-21 for a very manageable cap hit of $4 million. The 31-year-old’s contract is aggressively front-loaded, with his salary falling to just $1 million by 2018-19 (which does, of course, bring a potential cap-recapture penalty into the equation should he retire before the term is up).
McKenzie also tweets that teams could be calling the Sabres about defenseman Tyler Myers.
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 7
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 75
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2