Feb 28, 2014, 11:53 AM EDT
TSN Hockey Insiders Bob McKenzie and Darren Dreger reported this week that general manager Tim Murray is listening in on offers for almost every player on the roster and McKenzie added Friday that while there’s no guarantee he’ll be traded, the Sabres have asked blueliner Christian Ehrhoff for – as his no-trade clause stipulates – a list of eight teams he doesn’t want to be traded to.
It’s not clear if Ehrhoff has to submit his list every season, or if it’s only upon request. Obviously, the latter case would mean more.
An offensive blue-liner, Ehrhoff is signed all the way through 2020-21 for a very manageable cap hit of $4 million. The 31-year-old’s contract is aggressively front-loaded, with his salary falling to just $1 million by 2018-19 (which does, of course, bring a potential cap-recapture penalty into the equation should he retire before the term is up).
McKenzie also tweets that teams could be calling the Sabres about defenseman Tyler Myers.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 18
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 5
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 25
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 18
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)