Feb 28, 2014, 6:45 PM EDT
Both the Buffalo News’ John Vogl and the St. Louis Post-Dispatch’s Jeremy Rutherford back up reports that a Miller trade is “imminent,” with Rutherford tabbing the St. Louis Blues as Miller’s likely destination.
Let’s get this out of the way, although it will probably be noted in other trade situations: these scenarios can change course quickly, even when it seems like a guy is headed one place or another. The Jarome Iginla and Brenden Morrow trades to Pittsburgh last season show how unpredictable the final moments can be for noteworthy trades. The Sabres could very well get a slightly better offer in the time between a Miller trade to St. Louis almost happens.
TSN’s Bob McKenzie gives at least some reason not to allow imaginations to run too wild (yet).
Then again, McKenzie stoked such imaginations with a potential three-team trade between Buffalo, St. Louis and the Ottawa Senators:
Sabres head coach Ted Nolan said that he wouldn’t try to claim that Ott or Miller had a mysterious injury if they weren’t out on the ice, so it sounds like there could be at least some fire to go with the smoke.
Miller, 33, admitted earlier today that he thinks he’ll be traded, as NHL.com reports.
“I’m answering these questions because it seems likely, given my status at the end of the year, they’re likely to trade me,” Miller said. “And that’s where we’re at.”
Either way, the rumors are only bubbling up more tonight, so it’s a situation to watch. PHT will keep an eye out for updates.
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 12
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 6
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 35
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 4
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 6
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Miller suffers upper body injury in Bruins win 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (119)
- Discuss: Avs beat B’s with last-second — literally! — goal (64)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Panthers set another record with low attendance (56)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (53)