Feb 28, 2014, 6:45 PM EDT
Both the Buffalo News’ John Vogl and the St. Louis Post-Dispatch’s Jeremy Rutherford back up reports that a Miller trade is “imminent,” with Rutherford tabbing the St. Louis Blues as Miller’s likely destination.
Let’s get this out of the way, although it will probably be noted in other trade situations: these scenarios can change course quickly, even when it seems like a guy is headed one place or another. The Jarome Iginla and Brenden Morrow trades to Pittsburgh last season show how unpredictable the final moments can be for noteworthy trades. The Sabres could very well get a slightly better offer in the time between a Miller trade to St. Louis almost happens.
TSN’s Bob McKenzie gives at least some reason not to allow imaginations to run too wild (yet).
Then again, McKenzie stoked such imaginations with a potential three-team trade between Buffalo, St. Louis and the Ottawa Senators:
Sabres head coach Ted Nolan said that he wouldn’t try to claim that Ott or Miller had a mysterious injury if they weren’t out on the ice, so it sounds like there could be at least some fire to go with the smoke.
Miller, 33, admitted earlier today that he thinks he’ll be traded, as NHL.com reports.
“I’m answering these questions because it seems likely, given my status at the end of the year, they’re likely to trade me,” Miller said. “And that’s where we’re at.”
Either way, the rumors are only bubbling up more tonight, so it’s a situation to watch. PHT will keep an eye out for updates.
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 0
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 23
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (56)