Feb 28, 2014, 6:45 PM EDT
Both the Buffalo News’ John Vogl and the St. Louis Post-Dispatch’s Jeremy Rutherford back up reports that a Miller trade is “imminent,” with Rutherford tabbing the St. Louis Blues as Miller’s likely destination.
Let’s get this out of the way, although it will probably be noted in other trade situations: these scenarios can change course quickly, even when it seems like a guy is headed one place or another. The Jarome Iginla and Brenden Morrow trades to Pittsburgh last season show how unpredictable the final moments can be for noteworthy trades. The Sabres could very well get a slightly better offer in the time between a Miller trade to St. Louis almost happens.
TSN’s Bob McKenzie gives at least some reason not to allow imaginations to run too wild (yet).
Then again, McKenzie stoked such imaginations with a potential three-team trade between Buffalo, St. Louis and the Ottawa Senators:
Sabres head coach Ted Nolan said that he wouldn’t try to claim that Ott or Miller had a mysterious injury if they weren’t out on the ice, so it sounds like there could be at least some fire to go with the smoke.
Miller, 33, admitted earlier today that he thinks he’ll be traded, as NHL.com reports.
“I’m answering these questions because it seems likely, given my status at the end of the year, they’re likely to trade me,” Miller said. “And that’s where we’re at.”
Either way, the rumors are only bubbling up more tonight, so it’s a situation to watch. PHT will keep an eye out for updates.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 9
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 2
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 15
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 17
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 26
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)