Feb 28, 2014, 6:45 PM EST
Both the Buffalo News’ John Vogl and the St. Louis Post-Dispatch’s Jeremy Rutherford back up reports that a Miller trade is “imminent,” with Rutherford tabbing the St. Louis Blues as Miller’s likely destination.
Let’s get this out of the way, although it will probably be noted in other trade situations: these scenarios can change course quickly, even when it seems like a guy is headed one place or another. The Jarome Iginla and Brenden Morrow trades to Pittsburgh last season show how unpredictable the final moments can be for noteworthy trades. The Sabres could very well get a slightly better offer in the time between a Miller trade to St. Louis almost happens.
TSN’s Bob McKenzie gives at least some reason not to allow imaginations to run too wild (yet).
Then again, McKenzie stoked such imaginations with a potential three-team trade between Buffalo, St. Louis and the Ottawa Senators:
Sabres head coach Ted Nolan said that he wouldn’t try to claim that Ott or Miller had a mysterious injury if they weren’t out on the ice, so it sounds like there could be at least some fire to go with the smoke.
Miller, 33, admitted earlier today that he thinks he’ll be traded, as NHL.com reports.
“I’m answering these questions because it seems likely, given my status at the end of the year, they’re likely to trade me,” Miller said. “And that’s where we’re at.”
Either way, the rumors are only bubbling up more tonight, so it’s a situation to watch. PHT will keep an eye out for updates.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 65
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (149)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)