Feb 28, 2014, 6:45 PM EDT
Both the Buffalo News’ John Vogl and the St. Louis Post-Dispatch’s Jeremy Rutherford back up reports that a Miller trade is “imminent,” with Rutherford tabbing the St. Louis Blues as Miller’s likely destination.
Let’s get this out of the way, although it will probably be noted in other trade situations: these scenarios can change course quickly, even when it seems like a guy is headed one place or another. The Jarome Iginla and Brenden Morrow trades to Pittsburgh last season show how unpredictable the final moments can be for noteworthy trades. The Sabres could very well get a slightly better offer in the time between a Miller trade to St. Louis almost happens.
TSN’s Bob McKenzie gives at least some reason not to allow imaginations to run too wild (yet).
Then again, McKenzie stoked such imaginations with a potential three-team trade between Buffalo, St. Louis and the Ottawa Senators:
Sabres head coach Ted Nolan said that he wouldn’t try to claim that Ott or Miller had a mysterious injury if they weren’t out on the ice, so it sounds like there could be at least some fire to go with the smoke.
Miller, 33, admitted earlier today that he thinks he’ll be traded, as NHL.com reports.
“I’m answering these questions because it seems likely, given my status at the end of the year, they’re likely to trade me,” Miller said. “And that’s where we’re at.”
Either way, the rumors are only bubbling up more tonight, so it’s a situation to watch. PHT will keep an eye out for updates.
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 3
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 15
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 40
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)