Feb 28, 2014, 9:19 PM EDT
St. Louis Blues GM Doug Armstrong and still-new Buffalo Sabres GM Tim Murray reacted to the blockbuster trade that sent Ryan Miller to St. Louis, and they provided more than just the usual company-line quotes.
The most interesting tidbit comes from Murray, who explains that a conditional third-round pick could jump to a first-rounder in 2014 depending upon Miller’s future with the Blues.
It’s interesting to note that Buffalo has some picks that could move around depending upon how the New York Islanders (Thomas Vanek trade) and Blues perform, then.
If you hear a few extra cheers from Buffalo in the event that St. Louis enjoys success with Miller, 33, don’t be shocked.
Speaking of Miller signing an extension with the Blues, Armstrong gave an interesting answer to Aaron Solomon of 550 KTRS.
“It’s something that we’ll certainly discuss at the appropriate time,” Armstrong said. ” … but we really believe Jake Allen is the goalie of the future for the St. Louis Blues.”
That almost seems like a “show me” statement for a GM working in the show-me state, but we’ll see how things develop.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 50
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50