Feb 28, 2014, 9:19 PM EST
St. Louis Blues GM Doug Armstrong and still-new Buffalo Sabres GM Tim Murray reacted to the blockbuster trade that sent Ryan Miller to St. Louis, and they provided more than just the usual company-line quotes.
The most interesting tidbit comes from Murray, who explains that a conditional third-round pick could jump to a first-rounder in 2014 depending upon Miller’s future with the Blues.
It’s interesting to note that Buffalo has some picks that could move around depending upon how the New York Islanders (Thomas Vanek trade) and Blues perform, then.
If you hear a few extra cheers from Buffalo in the event that St. Louis enjoys success with Miller, 33, don’t be shocked.
Speaking of Miller signing an extension with the Blues, Armstrong gave an interesting answer to Aaron Solomon of 550 KTRS.
“It’s something that we’ll certainly discuss at the appropriate time,” Armstrong said. ” … but we really believe Jake Allen is the goalie of the future for the St. Louis Blues.”
That almost seems like a “show me” statement for a GM working in the show-me state, but we’ll see how things develop.
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 19
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 10
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 25
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11