Feb 28, 2014, 9:19 PM EDT
St. Louis Blues GM Doug Armstrong and still-new Buffalo Sabres GM Tim Murray reacted to the blockbuster trade that sent Ryan Miller to St. Louis, and they provided more than just the usual company-line quotes.
The most interesting tidbit comes from Murray, who explains that a conditional third-round pick could jump to a first-rounder in 2014 depending upon Miller’s future with the Blues.
It’s interesting to note that Buffalo has some picks that could move around depending upon how the New York Islanders (Thomas Vanek trade) and Blues perform, then.
Reason is Sabres get first rounder in this year's draft if Blues make WCF or Miller re-signs this year. Wow..—
Mike Harrington (@BNHarrington) March 01, 2014
If you hear a few extra cheers from Buffalo in the event that St. Louis enjoys success with Miller, 33, don’t be shocked.
Speaking of Miller signing an extension with the Blues, Armstrong gave an interesting answer to Aaron Solomon of 550 KTRS.
“It’s something that we’ll certainly discuss at the appropriate time,” Armstrong said. ” … but we really believe Jake Allen is the goalie of the future for the St. Louis Blues.”
That almost seems like a “show me” statement for a GM working in the show-me state, but we’ll see how things develop.
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 16
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 38
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 33
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21