Feb 28, 2014, 9:19 PM EDT
St. Louis Blues GM Doug Armstrong and still-new Buffalo Sabres GM Tim Murray reacted to the blockbuster trade that sent Ryan Miller to St. Louis, and they provided more than just the usual company-line quotes.
The most interesting tidbit comes from Murray, who explains that a conditional third-round pick could jump to a first-rounder in 2014 depending upon Miller’s future with the Blues.
It’s interesting to note that Buffalo has some picks that could move around depending upon how the New York Islanders (Thomas Vanek trade) and Blues perform, then.
If you hear a few extra cheers from Buffalo in the event that St. Louis enjoys success with Miller, 33, don’t be shocked.
Speaking of Miller signing an extension with the Blues, Armstrong gave an interesting answer to Aaron Solomon of 550 KTRS.
“It’s something that we’ll certainly discuss at the appropriate time,” Armstrong said. ” … but we really believe Jake Allen is the goalie of the future for the St. Louis Blues.”
That almost seems like a “show me” statement for a GM working in the show-me state, but we’ll see how things develop.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 1
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 24
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 40
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)