Feb 28, 2014, 9:19 PM EDT
St. Louis Blues GM Doug Armstrong and still-new Buffalo Sabres GM Tim Murray reacted to the blockbuster trade that sent Ryan Miller to St. Louis, and they provided more than just the usual company-line quotes.
The most interesting tidbit comes from Murray, who explains that a conditional third-round pick could jump to a first-rounder in 2014 depending upon Miller’s future with the Blues.
It’s interesting to note that Buffalo has some picks that could move around depending upon how the New York Islanders (Thomas Vanek trade) and Blues perform, then.
If you hear a few extra cheers from Buffalo in the event that St. Louis enjoys success with Miller, 33, don’t be shocked.
Speaking of Miller signing an extension with the Blues, Armstrong gave an interesting answer to Aaron Solomon of 550 KTRS.
“It’s something that we’ll certainly discuss at the appropriate time,” Armstrong said. ” … but we really believe Jake Allen is the goalie of the future for the St. Louis Blues.”
That almost seems like a “show me” statement for a GM working in the show-me state, but we’ll see how things develop.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)