Feb 28, 2014, 11:26 PM EST
It’s an understatement to say that Pekka Rinne won’t see his team generate 9-1 wins very often at the NHL level, but either way, he got his feet wet as the Milwaukee Admirals dominated the Iowa Wild during the first game of his AHL conditioning stint.
“It was a fun game,” Rinne said. “It was good for me to ease into the game and get back out there.”
Despite only facing a few shots early on, the 31-year-old said he still felt a little tired after the first period. He stopped 16 out of 17 shots overall. (That’s the fewest shots the team allowed all season, according to their radio announcer Aaron Sims.)
Cell Block 303 shared a photo of Rinne at the press conference:
Beyond the game being a relatively simple ease-in game, it likely brought back some good memories for Rinne and especially fans of the Nashville Predators’ AHL affiliate.
We’ll see how much longer it will take for Rinne to feel ready for NHL action, as this contest sounded like largely a dress rehearsal.
Full video of Rinne’s press conference can be found below. The audio really kicks in around the 9:24 mark.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 52
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 69
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (142)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)