Feb 28, 2014, 11:26 PM EDT
It’s an understatement to say that Pekka Rinne won’t see his team generate 9-1 wins very often at the NHL level, but either way, he got his feet wet as the Milwaukee Admirals dominated the Iowa Wild during the first game of his AHL conditioning stint.
“It was a fun game,” Rinne said. “It was good for me to ease into the game and get back out there.”
Despite only facing a few shots early on, the 31-year-old said he still felt a little tired after the first period. He stopped 16 out of 17 shots overall. (That’s the fewest shots the team allowed all season, according to their radio announcer Aaron Sims.)
Cell Block 303 shared a photo of Rinne at the press conference:
Beyond the game being a relatively simple ease-in game, it likely brought back some good memories for Rinne and especially fans of the Nashville Predators’ AHL affiliate.
We’ll see how much longer it will take for Rinne to feel ready for NHL action, as this contest sounded like largely a dress rehearsal.
Full video of Rinne’s press conference can be found below. The audio really kicks in around the 9:24 mark.
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 31
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 1
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Video: Therrien fuming after Bolts appear offside before OT winner 45
- Video: Lightning bolt to series lead on Kucherov’s double OT winner 14
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 8
- Report: BOG to vote on Vegas expansion in September 1
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits 100
- Howard won’t demand trade out of Detroit 19
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (101)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappointment as Wild advance (99)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)