Feb 28, 2014, 11:26 PM EST
It’s an understatement to say that Pekka Rinne won’t see his team generate 9-1 wins very often at the NHL level, but either way, he got his feet wet as the Milwaukee Admirals dominated the Iowa Wild during the first game of his AHL conditioning stint.
“It was a fun game,” Rinne said. “It was good for me to ease into the game and get back out there.”
Despite only facing a few shots early on, the 31-year-old said he still felt a little tired after the first period. He stopped 16 out of 17 shots overall. (That’s the fewest shots the team allowed all season, according to their radio announcer Aaron Sims.)
Cell Block 303 shared a photo of Rinne at the press conference:
Beyond the game being a relatively simple ease-in game, it likely brought back some good memories for Rinne and especially fans of the Nashville Predators’ AHL affiliate.
We’ll see how much longer it will take for Rinne to feel ready for NHL action, as this contest sounded like largely a dress rehearsal.
Full video of Rinne’s press conference can be found below. The audio really kicks in around the 9:24 mark.
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 2
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 17
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 4
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11
- Russia’s economic crisis causing big trouble for KHL 56