Feb 28, 2014, 12:41 AM EDT
Edmonton Oilers Nail Yakupov, who had been showing signs of finding his game amid numerous sophomore struggles, left Thursday’s game against the Minnesota Wild with an ankle injury, as per the club’s Twitter account.
Yakupov left the game after his first shift of the third period and did not return. The Oilers lost their first game out of the Olympic break by a final score of 3-0 to the Minnesota Wild.
The 20-year-old Yakupov, Edmonton’s first overall pick in the 2012 NHL Draft, had only just returned to the Oilers’ lineup toward the end of January from a two-game absence due to a concussion.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 30
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 114
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (114)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (40)