Feb 28, 2014, 12:41 AM EDT
Edmonton Oilers Nail Yakupov, who had been showing signs of finding his game amid numerous sophomore struggles, left Thursday’s game against the Minnesota Wild with an ankle injury, as per the club’s Twitter account.
Yakupov left the game after his first shift of the third period and did not return. The Oilers lost their first game out of the Olympic break by a final score of 3-0 to the Minnesota Wild.
The 20-year-old Yakupov, Edmonton’s first overall pick in the 2012 NHL Draft, had only just returned to the Oilers’ lineup toward the end of January from a two-game absence due to a concussion.
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 1
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 25
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 24
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 6
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8