Feb 28, 2014, 11:36 AM EST
Temperatures are expected to drop into the teens, with the possibility of snow, for Saturday’s Stadium Series finale between the Chicago Blackhawks and Pittsburgh Penguins (8 p.m. ET, NBC).
But the cold weather hasn’t dampened fan enthusiasm for the big event, which took less than 24 hours to sell out after tickets went on sale in December. It’s estimated that 2,500 gallons of hot chocolate will be sold during the game, along with 12,000 Famous Chicago Dogs.
Here’s what the set-up looks like at the home of the NFL’s Bears:
Despite both teams being part of the NHL’s elite, they each come into the contest on a losing note. The ‘Hawks lost 2-1 Thursday to the Rangers; around the same time, the Pens were dropping a 6-5 shootout decision at home to the Canadiens.
In fact, since finishing December with a 28-7-7 record, the defending Stanley Cup champs from Chicago are just 7-5-7.
RELATED: Going to the game? Submit your own video and you could win big. More details here.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 22
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (73)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (42)