Feb 28, 2014, 11:36 AM EST
Temperatures are expected to drop into the teens, with the possibility of snow, for Saturday’s Stadium Series finale between the Chicago Blackhawks and Pittsburgh Penguins (8 p.m. ET, NBC).
But the cold weather hasn’t dampened fan enthusiasm for the big event, which took less than 24 hours to sell out after tickets went on sale in December. It’s estimated that 2,500 gallons of hot chocolate will be sold during the game, along with 12,000 Famous Chicago Dogs.
Here’s what the set-up looks like at the home of the NFL’s Bears:
Despite both teams being part of the NHL’s elite, they each come into the contest on a losing note. The ‘Hawks lost 2-1 Thursday to the Rangers; around the same time, the Pens were dropping a 6-5 shootout decision at home to the Canadiens.
In fact, since finishing December with a 28-7-7 record, the defending Stanley Cup champs from Chicago are just 7-5-7.
RELATED: Going to the game? Submit your own video and you could win big. More details here.
- In praise of the Hamburglar 7
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 4
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 52
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (173)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)