Feb 28, 2014, 11:36 AM EDT
Temperatures are expected to drop into the teens, with the possibility of snow, for Saturday’s Stadium Series finale between the Chicago Blackhawks and Pittsburgh Penguins (8 p.m. ET, NBC).
But the cold weather hasn’t dampened fan enthusiasm for the big event, which took less than 24 hours to sell out after tickets went on sale in December. It’s estimated that 2,500 gallons of hot chocolate will be sold during the game, along with 12,000 Famous Chicago Dogs.
Here’s what the set-up looks like at the home of the NFL’s Bears:
Despite both teams being part of the NHL’s elite, they each come into the contest on a losing note. The ‘Hawks lost 2-1 Thursday to the Rangers; around the same time, the Pens were dropping a 6-5 shootout decision at home to the Canadiens.
In fact, since finishing December with a 28-7-7 record, the defending Stanley Cup champs from Chicago are just 7-5-7.
RELATED: Going to the game? Submit your own video and you could win big. More details here.
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 4
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 15
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 18
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9