Feb 28, 2014, 1:29 AM EDT
Members of the Pittsburgh Penguins had a collectively strong critique of the officiating following a 6-5 shootout loss to the Montreal Canadiens on Thursday.
Penguins forward Tanner Glass was assessed a major penalty for elbowing after a hit on Alexei Emelin, and a game misconduct with less than eight minutes remaining in the third period, and with Pittsburgh ahead with a 5-4 lead.
However, less than two minutes after Glass was penalized, the Habs tied the game on a power play goal from Daniel Briere. The Canadiens went on to win in the deciding skills competition.
Glass didn’t like the call, saying he did not make contact with Emelin’s head on the hit.
“There were some calls out there that you struggle to see where they’re coming from,” Glass said, as per the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. “But they’ve had some time off, too.
“I understand why he called it from his angle … It looked bad with the follow-through. I didn’t make any contact with his head at all. He put his sticks and gloves up.
“That’s why I followed through the way I did, to keep the stick away from my face.”
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 11
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 11
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)