Feb 28, 2014, 1:29 AM EDT
Members of the Pittsburgh Penguins had a collectively strong critique of the officiating following a 6-5 shootout loss to the Montreal Canadiens on Thursday.
Penguins forward Tanner Glass was assessed a major penalty for elbowing after a hit on Alexei Emelin, and a game misconduct with less than eight minutes remaining in the third period, and with Pittsburgh ahead with a 5-4 lead.
However, less than two minutes after Glass was penalized, the Habs tied the game on a power play goal from Daniel Briere. The Canadiens went on to win in the deciding skills competition.
Glass didn’t like the call, saying he did not make contact with Emelin’s head on the hit.
“There were some calls out there that you struggle to see where they’re coming from,” Glass said, as per the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. “But they’ve had some time off, too.
“I understand why he called it from his angle … It looked bad with the follow-through. I didn’t make any contact with his head at all. He put his sticks and gloves up.
“That’s why I followed through the way I did, to keep the stick away from my face.”
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 48
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)