Feb 28, 2014, 10:37 PM EST
Thursday represented a rough night for Flyers goalies. Emery, 31, came in to replace Steve Mason against the San Jose Sharks but the team eventually went back to Mason. Emery suffered the injury during that game.
After putting up some fantastic numbers for Chicago in 2012-13, Emery has had a spotty reunion with the Flyers. He’s 7-9-1 with an .898 save percentage and 3.03 GAA. Heeter, 25, hasn’t received any NHL action in his hockey career so far; he has a .916 save percentage with the AHL’s Adirondack Phantoms this season.
One would assume that the Flyers will lean on Mason, 25, as usual barring further injuries. Philly takes on the New York Rangers on Saturday and then faces the Washington Capitals in a home-and-home set on Sunday and Wednesday.
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 2
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 0
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 13
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 1
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 4
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 2
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (46)