Feb 28, 2014, 10:37 PM EDT
Thursday represented a rough night for Flyers goalies. Emery, 31, came in to replace Steve Mason against the San Jose Sharks but the team eventually went back to Mason. Emery suffered the injury during that game.
After putting up some fantastic numbers for Chicago in 2012-13, Emery has had a spotty reunion with the Flyers. He’s 7-9-1 with an .898 save percentage and 3.03 GAA. Heeter, 25, hasn’t received any NHL action in his hockey career so far; he has a .916 save percentage with the AHL’s Adirondack Phantoms this season.
One would assume that the Flyers will lean on Mason, 25, as usual barring further injuries. Philly takes on the New York Rangers on Saturday and then faces the Washington Capitals in a home-and-home set on Sunday and Wednesday.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 3
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 26
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 42
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)