Feb 28, 2014, 10:37 PM EDT
Thursday represented a rough night for Flyers goalies. Emery, 31, came in to replace Steve Mason against the San Jose Sharks but the team eventually went back to Mason. Emery suffered the injury during that game.
After putting up some fantastic numbers for Chicago in 2012-13, Emery has had a spotty reunion with the Flyers. He’s 7-9-1 with an .898 save percentage and 3.03 GAA. Heeter, 25, hasn’t received any NHL action in his hockey career so far; he has a .916 save percentage with the AHL’s Adirondack Phantoms this season.
One would assume that the Flyers will lean on Mason, 25, as usual barring further injuries. Philly takes on the New York Rangers on Saturday and then faces the Washington Capitals in a home-and-home set on Sunday and Wednesday.
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 4
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 62
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (62)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)