Feb 28, 2014, 10:37 PM EDT
Thursday represented a rough night for Flyers goalies. Emery, 31, came in to replace Steve Mason against the San Jose Sharks but the team eventually went back to Mason. Emery suffered the injury during that game.
After putting up some fantastic numbers for Chicago in 2012-13, Emery has had a spotty reunion with the Flyers. He’s 7-9-1 with an .898 save percentage and 3.03 GAA. Heeter, 25, hasn’t received any NHL action in his hockey career so far; he has a .916 save percentage with the AHL’s Adirondack Phantoms this season.
One would assume that the Flyers will lean on Mason, 25, as usual barring further injuries. Philly takes on the New York Rangers on Saturday and then faces the Washington Capitals in a home-and-home set on Sunday and Wednesday.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 75
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 33
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Expansion process underway as NHL sends out applications (94)
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues (76)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)