Feb 28, 2014, 10:37 PM EDT
Thursday represented a rough night for Flyers goalies. Emery, 31, came in to replace Steve Mason against the San Jose Sharks but the team eventually went back to Mason. Emery suffered the injury during that game.
After putting up some fantastic numbers for Chicago in 2012-13, Emery has had a spotty reunion with the Flyers. He’s 7-9-1 with an .898 save percentage and 3.03 GAA. Heeter, 25, hasn’t received any NHL action in his hockey career so far; he has a .916 save percentage with the AHL’s Adirondack Phantoms this season.
One would assume that the Flyers will lean on Mason, 25, as usual barring further injuries. Philly takes on the New York Rangers on Saturday and then faces the Washington Capitals in a home-and-home set on Sunday and Wednesday.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 32
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 9
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (32)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)
- Filip Forsberg has scored two thirds of the Preds’ preseason goals (21)