Feb 28, 2014, 12:07 AM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers had a decent start in their return from the Olympic break, but quickly faded.
The Flyers gave up five goals in the second period to the visiting San Jose Sharks, and dropped a 7-3 decision on Thursday evening. Philadelphia goalie Steve Mason was pulled in the second period and then came back into the net in the third period, as per the Flyers’ Twitter account. In total, Mason allowed four goals on a combined 16 shots.
Berube said Emery had an "issue," but wouldn't elaborate.Emery said he wasn't feeling right, which is why he was pulled.—
Sam Carchidi (@BroadStBull) February 28, 2014
For the Sharks, Joe Pavelski scored the hat trick, while Logan Couture and Raffi Torres each added a pair of goals. For Torres, scoring twice only added to what was a special night for the hard-hitting forward. He was making his season debut after missing the first five months of the season with a torn ACL.
It wasn’t such a sunny post-game atmosphere for Philadelphia. Mason summed up the Flyers night succinctly.
“We had a full week of practice to make sure we were ready for this, and I thought our effort was pretty crappy overall,” Mason said afterward, as per Sam Carchidi of The Philadelphia Inquirer.
- Video: Stamkos scores first goal since returning to Lightning lineup 1
- Sedin backs Tortorella and staff: ‘We love playing for these coaches’ 19
- Here are three ‘major changes’ the NHL should consider 91
- Callahan: I wanted to stay in New York 35
- Playoff bubble watch — Wild edition 18
- Video: Ryan Kesler injured on knee-on-knee collision, on his way back to Vancouver 12
- Discuss: Bruins run over Habs in newest chapter of historic rivalry 26
- Peverley to undergo heart procedure, will miss rest of season 13
- Comeau gets two games for boarding Smith 9
- Three things the Canucks haven’t done well under Torts 22
- Here are three ‘major changes’ the NHL should consider (93)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (74)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (72)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (61)
- Video: Dryden on why hockey should ‘give up the fighting, but keep the fight’ (57)