Feb 28, 2014, 9:53 AM EDT
The San Jose Sharks didn’t need the goal when Logan Couture appeared to beat Flyers netminder Ray Emery with just 11:11 remaining in regulation time, but it would have meant his return from a hand injury ended with a hat trick.
More to the point, as far as Couture is concerned, he scored and was denied by a lengthy video review rather than the opposition.
“I saw a goal. I don’t know how that’s not a goal. I’ll have to find out, I’d like to find out why that isn’t a goal,” Couture said following the Sharks’ 7-3 victory, according to the San Jose Mercury News. “I looked at the monitor, saw about 10 times that the puck was over the line. Just don’t understand how they don’t count that.”
It was an awfully close call as you can see below (skip to 3:25):
The victory also extended San Jose’s winning streak to three games, dating back to before the Olympic break. They are all-but assured a playoff spot at this point and are instead competing for the Pacific Division title with the Anaheim Ducks.
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 6
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 28
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 54
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)