Feb 28, 2014, 9:53 AM EDT
The San Jose Sharks didn’t need the goal when Logan Couture appeared to beat Flyers netminder Ray Emery with just 11:11 remaining in regulation time, but it would have meant his return from a hand injury ended with a hat trick.
More to the point, as far as Couture is concerned, he scored and was denied by a lengthy video review rather than the opposition.
“I saw a goal. I don’t know how that’s not a goal. I’ll have to find out, I’d like to find out why that isn’t a goal,” Couture said following the Sharks’ 7-3 victory, according to the San Jose Mercury News. “I looked at the monitor, saw about 10 times that the puck was over the line. Just don’t understand how they don’t count that.”
It was an awfully close call as you can see below (skip to 3:25):
The victory also extended San Jose’s winning streak to three games, dating back to before the Olympic break. They are all-but assured a playoff spot at this point and are instead competing for the Pacific Division title with the Anaheim Ducks.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)