Feb 28, 2014, 9:53 AM EDT
The San Jose Sharks didn’t need the goal when Logan Couture appeared to beat Flyers netminder Ray Emery with just 11:11 remaining in regulation time, but it would have meant his return from a hand injury ended with a hat trick.
More to the point, as far as Couture is concerned, he scored and was denied by a lengthy video review rather than the opposition.
“I saw a goal. I don’t know how that’s not a goal. I’ll have to find out, I’d like to find out why that isn’t a goal,” Couture said following the Sharks’ 7-3 victory, according to the San Jose Mercury News. “I looked at the monitor, saw about 10 times that the puck was over the line. Just don’t understand how they don’t count that.”
It was an awfully close call as you can see below (skip to 3:25):
The victory also extended San Jose’s winning streak to three games, dating back to before the Olympic break. They are all-but assured a playoff spot at this point and are instead competing for the Pacific Division title with the Anaheim Ducks.
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 14
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 9
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 37
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 4
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Miller suffers upper body injury in Bruins win 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (119)
- Discuss: Avs beat B’s with last-second — literally! — goal (64)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Panthers set another record with low attendance (56)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (53)