Feb 28, 2014, 9:53 AM EDT
The San Jose Sharks didn’t need the goal when Logan Couture appeared to beat Flyers netminder Ray Emery with just 11:11 remaining in regulation time, but it would have meant his return from a hand injury ended with a hat trick.
More to the point, as far as Couture is concerned, he scored and was denied by a lengthy video review rather than the opposition.
“I saw a goal. I don’t know how that’s not a goal. I’ll have to find out, I’d like to find out why that isn’t a goal,” Couture said following the Sharks’ 7-3 victory, according to the San Jose Mercury News. “I looked at the monitor, saw about 10 times that the puck was over the line. Just don’t understand how they don’t count that.”
It was an awfully close call as you can see below (skip to 3:25):
The victory also extended San Jose’s winning streak to three games, dating back to before the Olympic break. They are all-but assured a playoff spot at this point and are instead competing for the Pacific Division title with the Anaheim Ducks.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 11
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 35
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)