Feb 28, 2014, 9:53 AM EDT
The San Jose Sharks didn’t need the goal when Logan Couture appeared to beat Flyers netminder Ray Emery with just 11:11 remaining in regulation time, but it would have meant his return from a hand injury ended with a hat trick.
More to the point, as far as Couture is concerned, he scored and was denied by a lengthy video review rather than the opposition.
“I saw a goal. I don’t know how that’s not a goal. I’ll have to find out, I’d like to find out why that isn’t a goal,” Couture said following the Sharks’ 7-3 victory, according to the San Jose Mercury News. “I looked at the monitor, saw about 10 times that the puck was over the line. Just don’t understand how they don’t count that.”
It was an awfully close call as you can see below (skip to 3:25):
The victory also extended San Jose’s winning streak to three games, dating back to before the Olympic break. They are all-but assured a playoff spot at this point and are instead competing for the Pacific Division title with the Anaheim Ducks.
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 13
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 39
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 31
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6