Feb 28, 2014, 12:24 AM EDT
Brian Burke, the interim general manager of the Calgary Flames, has spoken about his future role with the team.
Based on his comments on TSN2 on Thursday evening, the Flames will have a new general manager next season. Now, who will it be remains something of a mystery. One thing Burke made perfectly clear, at least based on reports from TSN’s Darren Dreger, is that he won’t be the Flames’ GM next season.
He took over the job on an interim basis when he fired Jay Feaster in December.
There also remains the issue of whether or not to deal talented veteran forward Mike Cammalleri, who is in the final year of a five-year deal worth $30 million and a cap hit of $6 million.
As per NHL.com, the Flames have offered Cammalleri a contract extension.
“We have not gotten a deal done. We will continue to talk and a trade is a possibility, no question about that, but re-signing him is a possibility too. I would not predict how that will come out. We’ll see,” said Burke, as per NHL.com, which was citing Sportsnet 960 The Fan.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 46
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 68
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)