Feb 28, 2014, 12:24 AM EDT
Brian Burke, the interim general manager of the Calgary Flames, has spoken about his future role with the team.
Based on his comments on TSN2 on Thursday evening, the Flames will have a new general manager next season. Now, who will it be remains something of a mystery. One thing Burke made perfectly clear, at least based on reports from TSN’s Darren Dreger, is that he won’t be the Flames’ GM next season.
He took over the job on an interim basis when he fired Jay Feaster in December.
There also remains the issue of whether or not to deal talented veteran forward Mike Cammalleri, who is in the final year of a five-year deal worth $30 million and a cap hit of $6 million.
As per NHL.com, the Flames have offered Cammalleri a contract extension.
“We have not gotten a deal done. We will continue to talk and a trade is a possibility, no question about that, but re-signing him is a possibility too. I would not predict how that will come out. We’ll see,” said Burke, as per NHL.com, which was citing Sportsnet 960 The Fan.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 0
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 7
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 2
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 13
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 19
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 15
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 17
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 33
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (97)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)