Feb 27, 2014, 1:25 PM EDT
From John Vogl of the Buffalo News:
The Sabres don’t play another home game before Wednesday’s trade deadline, so if Ryan Miller is indeed traded by March 5, yes, tomorrow versus San Jose would be his last start for Buffalo at First Niagara Center.
The big question is, which teams are in the running to acquire the pending unrestricted free agent goalie? St. Louis has been the speculative front-runner all season, but if you believe what general manager Doug Armstrong said recently, the Blues are going to give Jaroslav Halak a chance to prove himself in the playoffs.
Minnesota is perhaps another possible landing spot, given Josh Harding‘s health issues and the fact Niklas Backstrom has struggled this season. Then again, Backstrom is signed through 2015-16 and the Wild aren’t even guaranteed of making the playoffs this season, let alone making a push for the Stanley Cup.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 69
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 32
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Expansion process underway as NHL sends out applications (92)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues (72)