Feb 27, 2014, 1:25 PM EDT
From John Vogl of the Buffalo News:
The Sabres don’t play another home game before Wednesday’s trade deadline, so if Ryan Miller is indeed traded by March 5, yes, tomorrow versus San Jose would be his last start for Buffalo at First Niagara Center.
The big question is, which teams are in the running to acquire the pending unrestricted free agent goalie? St. Louis has been the speculative front-runner all season, but if you believe what general manager Doug Armstrong said recently, the Blues are going to give Jaroslav Halak a chance to prove himself in the playoffs.
Minnesota is perhaps another possible landing spot, given Josh Harding‘s health issues and the fact Niklas Backstrom has struggled this season. Then again, Backstrom is signed through 2015-16 and the Wild aren’t even guaranteed of making the playoffs this season, let alone making a push for the Stanley Cup.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 30
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 114
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (114)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (39)