Feb 27, 2014, 1:25 PM EDT
From John Vogl of the Buffalo News:
The Sabres don’t play another home game before Wednesday’s trade deadline, so if Ryan Miller is indeed traded by March 5, yes, tomorrow versus San Jose would be his last start for Buffalo at First Niagara Center.
The big question is, which teams are in the running to acquire the pending unrestricted free agent goalie? St. Louis has been the speculative front-runner all season, but if you believe what general manager Doug Armstrong said recently, the Blues are going to give Jaroslav Halak a chance to prove himself in the playoffs.
Minnesota is perhaps another possible landing spot, given Josh Harding‘s health issues and the fact Niklas Backstrom has struggled this season. Then again, Backstrom is signed through 2015-16 and the Wild aren’t even guaranteed of making the playoffs this season, let alone making a push for the Stanley Cup.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 16
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 70
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)