Feb 27, 2014, 1:25 PM EDT
From John Vogl of the Buffalo News:
Who's starting in goal for the Sabres against San Jose on Friday? "Probably Miller," said coach Ted Nolan. Likely last game in Buffalo.—
John Vogl (@BuffNewsVogl) February 27, 2014
The Sabres don’t play another home game before Wednesday’s trade deadline, so if Ryan Miller is indeed traded by March 5, yes, tomorrow versus San Jose would be his last start for Buffalo at First Niagara Center.
The big question is, which teams are in the running to acquire the pending unrestricted free agent goalie? St. Louis has been the speculative front-runner all season, but if you believe what general manager Doug Armstrong said recently, the Blues are going to give Jaroslav Halak a chance to prove himself in the playoffs.
Minnesota is perhaps another possible landing spot, given Josh Harding‘s health issues and the fact Niklas Backstrom has struggled this season. Then again, Backstrom is signed through 2015-16 and the Wild aren’t even guaranteed of making the playoffs this season, let alone making a push for the Stanley Cup.
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 8
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6