Feb 27, 2014, 12:57 PM EDT
He’s not the flashiest name in the rumor mill, but a team could do worse than adding Nashville’s David Legwand by the deadline.
And per The Tennessean, it doesn’t sound like Legwand, a pending unrestricted free agent with a $4.5 million cap hit, will be re-upping with the Predators anytime soon, if ever.
“We aren’t anywhere. Nothing has been said to either side. Obviously a stalemate, I guess,” Legwand said yesterday. “Obviously something has to be said to figure out where to start or where not to start, and nothing has been said.”
Legwand leads the Preds with 40 points (10 G, 30 A) in 59 games. The 33-year-old was the first-ever pick of the franchise, taken second overall in 1998. Earlier this month, it was reported that Nashville was trying to trade him.
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 3
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 6
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Miller suffers upper body injury in Bruins win 3
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ 45
- Report: Islanders were sold for $485 million 8
- Scrivens believes Oilers are ‘starting to build winning habits’ 9
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (119)
- Discuss: Avs beat B’s with last-second — literally! — goal (64)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Panthers set another record with low attendance (56)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (53)