Feb 27, 2014, 2:16 PM EST
Back in December, Canucks general manager Mike Gillis expressed confidence that Sunday’s Heritage Classic versus Ottawa at BC Place would be sold out.
We wonder if he’s as confident today.
From The Province:
With the Heritage Classic just a few days away, it appears the NHL and the Vancouver Canucks are having difficulty selling the remaining tickets for the ‘outdoor’ game at B.C. Place Stadium on Sunday.
Amid reports of giveaways and deep discounting for tickets, the NHL’s executive vice-president events Don Renzulli said in a media briefing on Wednesday that about 90 per cent of the tickets for the game had been sold and that he was confident the venue would be full for the game. Renzulli couldn’t supply an exact number for the arena’s capacity for the one-off event, saying it was somewhere between 52,000 and 53,000.
Not helping sales? A struggling Canucks team combined with an opponent that stirs no real passion from the local market combined with high ticket prices combined with a venue that’s hardly up there with, say, the Big House in terms of its iconic nature.
But hey, at least it’s supposed to rain.
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 0
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 3
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 4
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 52
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 2
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (53)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)