Feb 27, 2014, 9:29 AM EDT
The San Jose Sharks may get a jolt of good news soon.
Sharks general manager Doug Wilson said rookie forward Tomas Hertl may resume skating this week, as Kevin Kurz of CSNBayArea.com shares. Wilson did not offer any further timeline for Hertl’s recovery.
This season has been a breakout for the 20-year-old Czech. In 35 games, he had 15 goals and 10 assists and was leading the Sharks in goals scored for a time and was leading the discussion for the Calder Trophy through the first few months. Now that he’s closer to getting back on the ice, his return will act like a deadline pickup for the Sharks.
San Jose is currently in second place in the Pacific Division, seven points behind the Anaheim Ducks.
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 5
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 34
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 10
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 23
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)