Feb 27, 2014, 9:29 AM EST
The San Jose Sharks may get a jolt of good news soon.
Sharks general manager Doug Wilson said rookie forward Tomas Hertl may resume skating this week, as Kevin Kurz of CSNBayArea.com shares. Wilson did not offer any further timeline for Hertl’s recovery.
This season has been a breakout for the 20-year-old Czech. In 35 games, he had 15 goals and 10 assists and was leading the Sharks in goals scored for a time and was leading the discussion for the Calder Trophy through the first few months. Now that he’s closer to getting back on the ice, his return will act like a deadline pickup for the Sharks.
San Jose is currently in second place in the Pacific Division, seven points behind the Anaheim Ducks.
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 35
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 7
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 40
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 56
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang (56)