Feb 27, 2014, 9:29 AM EDT
The San Jose Sharks may get a jolt of good news soon.
Sharks general manager Doug Wilson said rookie forward Tomas Hertl may resume skating this week, as Kevin Kurz of CSNBayArea.com shares. Wilson did not offer any further timeline for Hertl’s recovery.
This season has been a breakout for the 20-year-old Czech. In 35 games, he had 15 goals and 10 assists and was leading the Sharks in goals scored for a time and was leading the discussion for the Calder Trophy through the first few months. Now that he’s closer to getting back on the ice, his return will act like a deadline pickup for the Sharks.
San Jose is currently in second place in the Pacific Division, seven points behind the Anaheim Ducks.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7