Feb 27, 2014, 8:15 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
Devils GM Lou Lamoriello knows his team is battling to make the playoffs and he’s ready to be a buyer, not a seller, at the trade deadline. (Fire & Ice)
Editor’s Note: Pro Hockey Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a $2,000 Fantasy Hockey league for Thursday’s NHL games. It’s $10 to join and first prize is $400. Starts Thursday at 7pm ET. Here’s the FanDuel link.
If you missed Buffalo goalie Jhonas Enroth‘s save on Boston forward Loui Eriksson during the second period of the Sabres’ 5-4 overtime victory, you really need to get caught up on that. That’s an ice cold way to stop an Olympic teammate.
After showing off a save, how about a look at Gustav Nyquist‘s game-winning goal in overtime against Montreal.
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 5
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 9
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 12
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 5
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)