Feb 27, 2014, 8:15 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
Devils GM Lou Lamoriello knows his team is battling to make the playoffs and he’s ready to be a buyer, not a seller, at the trade deadline. (Fire & Ice)
Editor’s Note: Pro Hockey Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a $2,000 Fantasy Hockey league for Thursday’s NHL games. It’s $10 to join and first prize is $400. Starts Thursday at 7pm ET. Here’s the FanDuel link.
If you missed Buffalo goalie Jhonas Enroth‘s save on Boston forward Loui Eriksson during the second period of the Sabres’ 5-4 overtime victory, you really need to get caught up on that. That’s an ice cold way to stop an Olympic teammate.
After showing off a save, how about a look at Gustav Nyquist‘s game-winning goal in overtime against Montreal.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 40
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)