Feb 27, 2014, 6:12 PM EDT
The Boston Bruins have given their fanbase a lot to cheer about in recent years, but that success has come at a price.
In 2010-11, the season the Bruins won the Stanley Cup, balcony tickets at TD Garden ranged from $18 to $65 while loge seats would run you between $59 to $101. Those prices have risen sharply since, to the point where the cheapest balcony seat will cost you $45 in 2014-15 and it will range from $88 to $145 for loge, according to the Boston Globe.
In 2013-14, the balcony seats are at $32 to $91 and loge tickets range from $70 to $132.
Bruins president Cam Neely was upfront about the change, acknowledging that it is a “big increase,” but he also feels it’s a justified one.
“We feel like we’ve put a competitive team on the ice, we’ve won a Cup, we’ve gone to the Finals,” Neely told CBS Boston. “The cap is going up next year by close to $7 million, and we’re going to be able to spend to the cap.”
He went on to say that the increase is needed for the team to stay competitive.
Obviously, the fact that Bruins tickets are in demand plays a role in the price hike as well. The waiting list for Bruins’ season tickets is over 5,000. They also have a 100% attendance record so far this season, per ESPN.com.
Boston currently leads the Atlantic Division and is in a good spot to enjoy another lengthy playoff run.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)