Feb 27, 2014, 6:12 PM EDT
The Boston Bruins have given their fanbase a lot to cheer about in recent years, but that success has come at a price.
In 2010-11, the season the Bruins won the Stanley Cup, balcony tickets at TD Garden ranged from $18 to $65 while loge seats would run you between $59 to $101. Those prices have risen sharply since, to the point where the cheapest balcony seat will cost you $45 in 2014-15 and it will range from $88 to $145 for loge, according to the Boston Globe.
In 2013-14, the balcony seats are at $32 to $91 and loge tickets range from $70 to $132.
Bruins president Cam Neely was upfront about the change, acknowledging that it is a “big increase,” but he also feels it’s a justified one.
“We feel like we’ve put a competitive team on the ice, we’ve won a Cup, we’ve gone to the Finals,” Neely told CBS Boston. “The cap is going up next year by close to $7 million, and we’re going to be able to spend to the cap.”
He went on to say that the increase is needed for the team to stay competitive.
Obviously, the fact that Bruins tickets are in demand plays a role in the price hike as well. The waiting list for Bruins’ season tickets is over 5,000. They also have a 100% attendance record so far this season, per ESPN.com.
Boston currently leads the Atlantic Division and is in a good spot to enjoy another lengthy playoff run.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)