Feb 27, 2014, 6:12 PM EDT
The Boston Bruins have given their fanbase a lot to cheer about in recent years, but that success has come at a price.
In 2010-11, the season the Bruins won the Stanley Cup, balcony tickets at TD Garden ranged from $18 to $65 while loge seats would run you between $59 to $101. Those prices have risen sharply since, to the point where the cheapest balcony seat will cost you $45 in 2014-15 and it will range from $88 to $145 for loge, according to the Boston Globe.
In 2013-14, the balcony seats are at $32 to $91 and loge tickets range from $70 to $132.
Bruins president Cam Neely was upfront about the change, acknowledging that it is a “big increase,” but he also feels it’s a justified one.
“We feel like we’ve put a competitive team on the ice, we’ve won a Cup, we’ve gone to the Finals,” Neely told CBS Boston. “The cap is going up next year by close to $7 million, and we’re going to be able to spend to the cap.”
He went on to say that the increase is needed for the team to stay competitive.
Obviously, the fact that Bruins tickets are in demand plays a role in the price hike as well. The waiting list for Bruins’ season tickets is over 5,000. They also have a 100% attendance record so far this season, per ESPN.com.
Boston currently leads the Atlantic Division and is in a good spot to enjoy another lengthy playoff run.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 0
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 4
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 17
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53