Feb 27, 2014, 6:12 PM EDT
The Boston Bruins have given their fanbase a lot to cheer about in recent years, but that success has come at a price.
In 2010-11, the season the Bruins won the Stanley Cup, balcony tickets at TD Garden ranged from $18 to $65 while loge seats would run you between $59 to $101. Those prices have risen sharply since, to the point where the cheapest balcony seat will cost you $45 in 2014-15 and it will range from $88 to $145 for loge, according to the Boston Globe.
In 2013-14, the balcony seats are at $32 to $91 and loge tickets range from $70 to $132.
Bruins president Cam Neely was upfront about the change, acknowledging that it is a “big increase,” but he also feels it’s a justified one.
“We feel like we’ve put a competitive team on the ice, we’ve won a Cup, we’ve gone to the Finals,” Neely told CBS Boston. “The cap is going up next year by close to $7 million, and we’re going to be able to spend to the cap.”
He went on to say that the increase is needed for the team to stay competitive.
Obviously, the fact that Bruins tickets are in demand plays a role in the price hike as well. The waiting list for Bruins’ season tickets is over 5,000. They also have a 100% attendance record so far this season, per ESPN.com.
Boston currently leads the Atlantic Division and is in a good spot to enjoy another lengthy playoff run.
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 41
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)