Feb 27, 2014, 4:16 PM EST
“I never commented to anyone that I wanted out,” he said, per the club’s Twitter account. “My heart is with this group and making the playoffs.”
Of course, that won’t significantly lessen the trade speculation heading into Wednesday’s deadline, and possibly into the offseason if he’s not dealt next week. Even if Kesler doesn’t want out, Vancouver general manager Mike Gillis may still feel it’s in the team’s best long-term interests to try and move him.
PS — Kesler also said his injured hand is feeling better, and he hopes to play tomorrow versus visiting Minnesota.
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 4
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 6
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 25
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7