Feb 27, 2014, 4:16 PM EST
“I never commented to anyone that I wanted out,” he said, per the club’s Twitter account. “My heart is with this group and making the playoffs.”
Of course, that won’t significantly lessen the trade speculation heading into Wednesday’s deadline, and possibly into the offseason if he’s not dealt next week. Even if Kesler doesn’t want out, Vancouver general manager Mike Gillis may still feel it’s in the team’s best long-term interests to try and move him.
PS — Kesler also said his injured hand is feeling better, and he hopes to play tomorrow versus visiting Minnesota.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 16
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 17
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 7
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8