Feb 27, 2014, 4:16 PM EDT
“I never commented to anyone that I wanted out,” he said, per the club’s Twitter account. “My heart is with this group and making the playoffs.”
Of course, that won’t significantly lessen the trade speculation heading into Wednesday’s deadline, and possibly into the offseason if he’s not dealt next week. Even if Kesler doesn’t want out, Vancouver general manager Mike Gillis may still feel it’s in the team’s best long-term interests to try and move him.
PS — Kesler also said his injured hand is feeling better, and he hopes to play tomorrow versus visiting Minnesota.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5