Feb 27, 2014, 4:16 PM EDT
“I never commented to anyone that I wanted out,” he said, per the club’s Twitter account. “My heart is with this group and making the playoffs.”
Of course, that won’t significantly lessen the trade speculation heading into Wednesday’s deadline, and possibly into the offseason if he’s not dealt next week. Even if Kesler doesn’t want out, Vancouver general manager Mike Gillis may still feel it’s in the team’s best long-term interests to try and move him.
Says he is happy here: "my son was born here."—
Elliotte Friedman (@FriedgeHNIC) February 27, 2014
PS — Kesler also said his injured hand is feeling better, and he hopes to play tomorrow versus visiting Minnesota.
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 18
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13