Feb 27, 2014, 2:41 PM EDT
News and notes from around the blue paint…
Talbot starts for Blueshirts
The Rangers will rest Henrik Lunqvist — coming off a silver medal-winning performance in Sochi — tonight when they host the Blackhawks at MSG, giving Cam Talbot the start.
Talbot has been great for the Rangers this season, providing stellar backup play since replacing Martin Biron as Lundqvist’s No. 2. Talbot’s 10-5-0 on the year with a 1.79 GAA and .935 save percentage, but does face a tough test tonight in the high-flying Blackhawks.
Speaking of the ‘Hawks, Corey Crawford will get the nod tonight.
Ortio to make Flames, NHL debut
Special night for Finnish netminder Joni Ortio, as he’ll make his big-league debut against the Kings in Calgary. Ortio gets his chance with Karri Ramo shelved (lower body) and comes in on the heels of a solid campaign with AHL Abbotsford, where he’s 20-6-0 this season with a 2.22 GAA and .926 save percentage.
Ortio will be the fourth goalie to suit up for the Flames this year, joining Ramo, Reto Berra and Joey MacDonald.
No word yet on who will start for L.A. Martin Jones played in last night’s 6-4 win over Colorado.
Habs at Pens: Marc-Andre Fleury for Pittsburgh, no word yet on Montreal’s starter.
Lightning at Preds: Carter Hutton for Nashville, no confirmation from Tampa yet.
Hurricanes at Stars: Anthon Khudobin vs. Kari Lehtonen
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)