Feb 27, 2014, 5:23 PM EST
From Giants Extra:
The Giants have had preliminary discussions with the Sharks and the National Hockey League about bringing a game to the shores of McCovey Cove, team president and CEO Larry Baer said. In the coming months, NHL officials will tour AT&T Park, Levi’s Stadium and Stanford Stadium to determine the best option in the Bay Area, in case the Sharks are awarded a Stadium Series game.
The Sharks are cautiously optimistic that they’ll get a shot at outdoor hockey in 2015.
AT&T Park is generally considered one of the most scenic ballparks in Major League Baseball. Though it can be chilly and windy, the backdrop would certainly make for a compelling view.
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 4
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 2
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 15
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 33
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46