Feb 27, 2014, 5:23 PM EDT
From Giants Extra:
The Giants have had preliminary discussions with the Sharks and the National Hockey League about bringing a game to the shores of McCovey Cove, team president and CEO Larry Baer said. In the coming months, NHL officials will tour AT&T Park, Levi’s Stadium and Stanford Stadium to determine the best option in the Bay Area, in case the Sharks are awarded a Stadium Series game.
The Sharks are cautiously optimistic that they’ll get a shot at outdoor hockey in 2015.
AT&T Park is generally considered one of the most scenic ballparks in Major League Baseball. Though it can be chilly and windy, the backdrop would certainly make for a compelling view.
- Under Pressure: Turris, MacArthur & Ryan 1
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 7
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47