Feb 27, 2014, 5:23 PM EDT
From Giants Extra:
The Giants have had preliminary discussions with the Sharks and the National Hockey League about bringing a game to the shores of McCovey Cove, team president and CEO Larry Baer said. In the coming months, NHL officials will tour AT&T Park, Levi’s Stadium and Stanford Stadium to determine the best option in the Bay Area, in case the Sharks are awarded a Stadium Series game.
The Sharks are cautiously optimistic that they’ll get a shot at outdoor hockey in 2015.
AT&T Park is generally considered one of the most scenic ballparks in Major League Baseball. Though it can be chilly and windy, the backdrop would certainly make for a compelling view.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 0
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 2
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)