Feb 27, 2014, 11:56 AM EDT
Which would seem to lessen the probability that St. Louis addresses its goaltending prior to Wednesday’s deadline. Say, by getting Ryan Miller out of Buffalo.
According to Armstrong, Halak deserves the opportunity to show he can get the job done in the playoffs — an opportunity that injuries haven’t allowed so far.
“Jaro has been our starting goaltender for exactly two playoff games,” Armstrong said. “He hasn’t failed.”
Maybe not, but his play at the Olympics was far from a success, despite the reasons (excuses?) coach Ken Hitchcock gave for that.
It’s always hard to take general managers at their word at this time of the year, when it’s all a big poker game with other GMs. That said, Halak was solid in his first game back with the Blues, stopping 34 of 35 shots last night in a 1-0 loss in Vancouver, upping his save percentage to a respectable .917.
St. Louis takes on the Ducks Friday in Anaheim.
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 0
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 5
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 28
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 29
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)