Feb 26, 2014, 10:11 PM EST
North American fans often woke up early for Olympic hockey games. Now it’s back to high-level hockey in the later hours of the night, as NBCSN features the Los Angeles Kings at the Colorado Avalanche on Wednesday.
The Kings hope to carry over strong Olympic performances from players such as Drew Doughty, Anze Kopitar, Jonathan Quick (disappointments and all) and Jeff Carter. Los Angeles struggled going into the Olympic break. On Colorado’s side, it’s all about trying to keep a surprisingly strong season going strong.
These two teams employ different styles, but there should be plenty of talent on display, even if Quick and Semyon Varlamov get the night off in favor of their backups.
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 3
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 14
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 58
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5