Feb 26, 2014, 10:11 PM EST
North American fans often woke up early for Olympic hockey games. Now it’s back to high-level hockey in the later hours of the night, as NBCSN features the Los Angeles Kings at the Colorado Avalanche on Wednesday.
The Kings hope to carry over strong Olympic performances from players such as Drew Doughty, Anze Kopitar, Jonathan Quick (disappointments and all) and Jeff Carter. Los Angeles struggled going into the Olympic break. On Colorado’s side, it’s all about trying to keep a surprisingly strong season going strong.
These two teams employ different styles, but there should be plenty of talent on display, even if Quick and Semyon Varlamov get the night off in favor of their backups.
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 3
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 57
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 28
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)