Feb 26, 2014, 10:11 PM EDT
North American fans often woke up early for Olympic hockey games. Now it’s back to high-level hockey in the later hours of the night, as NBCSN features the Los Angeles Kings at the Colorado Avalanche on Wednesday.
The Kings hope to carry over strong Olympic performances from players such as Drew Doughty, Anze Kopitar, Jonathan Quick (disappointments and all) and Jeff Carter. Los Angeles struggled going into the Olympic break. On Colorado’s side, it’s all about trying to keep a surprisingly strong season going strong.
These two teams employ different styles, but there should be plenty of talent on display, even if Quick and Semyon Varlamov get the night off in favor of their backups.
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 14
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 36
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 49
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 33
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 27
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 26
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 50
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6