Feb 26, 2014, 10:11 PM EDT
North American fans often woke up early for Olympic hockey games. Now it’s back to high-level hockey in the later hours of the night, as NBCSN features the Los Angeles Kings at the Colorado Avalanche on Wednesday.
The Kings hope to carry over strong Olympic performances from players such as Drew Doughty, Anze Kopitar, Jonathan Quick (disappointments and all) and Jeff Carter. Los Angeles struggled going into the Olympic break. On Colorado’s side, it’s all about trying to keep a surprisingly strong season going strong.
These two teams employ different styles, but there should be plenty of talent on display, even if Quick and Semyon Varlamov get the night off in favor of their backups.
- Goalie nods: Gustavsson gets his second start 0
- Price downplays start as Canadiens host Rangers 4
- Sens, Habs and Leafs pay tribute to fallen soldier 3
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 30
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 28
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 20
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)