Feb 26, 2014, 10:11 PM EDT
North American fans often woke up early for Olympic hockey games. Now it’s back to high-level hockey in the later hours of the night, as NBCSN features the Los Angeles Kings at the Colorado Avalanche on Wednesday.
The Kings hope to carry over strong Olympic performances from players such as Drew Doughty, Anze Kopitar, Jonathan Quick (disappointments and all) and Jeff Carter. Los Angeles struggled going into the Olympic break. On Colorado’s side, it’s all about trying to keep a surprisingly strong season going strong.
These two teams employ different styles, but there should be plenty of talent on display, even if Quick and Semyon Varlamov get the night off in favor of their backups.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 79
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32