Feb 26, 2014, 6:21 PM EDT
The Atlantic Division’s top team takes on its cellar dweller on Wednesday, as the Boston Bruins visit the Buffalo Sabres. Coverage kicks off at 6:30 p.m. ET, with a live stream link available below (it also airs on NBCSN):
The Sabres beat the Carolina Hurricanes on Tuesday to resume NHL action. Ryan Miller was stellar in net in that win, so he receives dual rewards of a) subtly increasing his trade value and b) avoiding Milan Lucic & Co. tonight, as Jhonas Enroth is expected to play instead. Enroth might feel a bit jet-lagged from Sochi, yet he also may be a little rusty as he naturally didn’t see any Olympic time in net behind Henrik Lundqvist for Sweden.
Speaking of Olympic netminders, Tuukka Rask gets a breather in Boston’s first post-Sochi performance, as Chad Johnson has been named the starter tonight. The Bruins’ next game is Saturday, so they can give Rask a nice amount of rest (and have the luxury of doing so with their playoff spot relatively safe as of this moment).
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7