Feb 26, 2014, 6:21 PM EDT
The Atlantic Division’s top team takes on its cellar dweller on Wednesday, as the Boston Bruins visit the Buffalo Sabres. Coverage kicks off at 6:30 p.m. ET, with a live stream link available below (it also airs on NBCSN):
The Sabres beat the Carolina Hurricanes on Tuesday to resume NHL action. Ryan Miller was stellar in net in that win, so he receives dual rewards of a) subtly increasing his trade value and b) avoiding Milan Lucic & Co. tonight, as Jhonas Enroth is expected to play instead. Enroth might feel a bit jet-lagged from Sochi, yet he also may be a little rusty as he naturally didn’t see any Olympic time in net behind Henrik Lundqvist for Sweden.
Speaking of Olympic netminders, Tuukka Rask gets a breather in Boston’s first post-Sochi performance, as Chad Johnson has been named the starter tonight. The Bruins’ next game is Saturday, so they can give Rask a nice amount of rest (and have the luxury of doing so with their playoff spot relatively safe as of this moment).
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabres in franchise history 0
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 4
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17