Feb 26, 2014, 6:21 PM EDT
The Atlantic Division’s top team takes on its cellar dweller on Wednesday, as the Boston Bruins visit the Buffalo Sabres. Coverage kicks off at 6:30 p.m. ET, with a live stream link available below (it also airs on NBCSN):
The Sabres beat the Carolina Hurricanes on Tuesday to resume NHL action. Ryan Miller was stellar in net in that win, so he receives dual rewards of a) subtly increasing his trade value and b) avoiding Milan Lucic & Co. tonight, as Jhonas Enroth is expected to play instead. Enroth might feel a bit jet-lagged from Sochi, yet he also may be a little rusty as he naturally didn’t see any Olympic time in net behind Henrik Lundqvist for Sweden.
Speaking of Olympic netminders, Tuukka Rask gets a breather in Boston’s first post-Sochi performance, as Chad Johnson has been named the starter tonight. The Bruins’ next game is Saturday, so they can give Rask a nice amount of rest (and have the luxury of doing so with their playoff spot relatively safe as of this moment).
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 30
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5