Feb 26, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
Ryan Miller got the night off, but the Buffalo Sabres still showed off one of the top targets of the trade deadline on Wednesday. Matt Moulson scored a goal with less than a minute left in the third period, eventually opening the door for a 5-4 OT win against the Boston Bruins.
Moulson, 30, is playing like a man who’s hoping to land with a contender and grab a lucrative next contract as a pending free agent. He notched three assists in the final two games before the Olympic break and had an assist on Tuesday to go along with tonight’s big goal.
While his overall numbers in Buffalo (25 points in 41 games since being traded) aren’t out-of-this-world, he has two more games to make an impression on potential suitors. It’s a stretch to say that these are big games for Buffalo in the sense of this season, but big results from Moulson and Miller could inspire bigger dividends for the players and their team.
- Kings’ Dustin Brown: ‘We got our [expletives] kicked’ 0
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 16
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 22
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 37
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 59
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 90
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (148)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (100)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)