Feb 26, 2014, 10:30 PM EST
Ryan Miller got the night off, but the Buffalo Sabres still showed off one of the top targets of the trade deadline on Wednesday. Matt Moulson scored a goal with less than a minute left in the third period, eventually opening the door for a 5-4 OT win against the Boston Bruins.
Moulson, 30, is playing like a man who’s hoping to land with a contender and grab a lucrative next contract as a pending free agent. He notched three assists in the final two games before the Olympic break and had an assist on Tuesday to go along with tonight’s big goal.
While his overall numbers in Buffalo (25 points in 41 games since being traded) aren’t out-of-this-world, he has two more games to make an impression on potential suitors. It’s a stretch to say that these are big games for Buffalo in the sense of this season, but big results from Moulson and Miller could inspire bigger dividends for the players and their team.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 30
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 3
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 12
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 24
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 51
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)