Feb 26, 2014, 1:49 PM EDT
The narrative continues.
Vancouver center Ryan Kesler will miss tonight’s game against the Blues with a hand injury suffered during the Winter Olympics. Yes, that’s right. Another Olympic injury.
Kesler was hurt during Team USA’s group stage win over Russia while blocking an Ilya Kovalchuk shot. He fought through the pain to play in the rest of the American games, but underwent a MRI upon returning to Vancouver and was subsequently ruled out.
The Canucks haven’t released the results of the MRI, only saying that Kesler is day-to-day.
With the injury, Kesler joins the likes of John Tavares, Henrik Zetterberg, Carey Price, Paul Martin, Mats Zuccarello, Aleksander Barkov, Tomas Kopecky and Fedor Tyutin as players that got hurt during the Olympics and were unable to suit up upon their NHL returns.
As for how much time Kesler will miss?
For what it’s worth, Ryan Kesler was telling people after the bronze medal game in Sochi that he had a broken hand.
— Bruce Arthur (@bruce_arthur) February 26, 2014
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 0
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 10
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 64
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 7
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 48
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 39
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 15
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 98
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)