Feb 26, 2014, 11:26 PM EDT
Could there be some trade talks regarding Ryan Kesler? Kesler’s agent denies TVA Sports’ Louis Jean’s report that Kesler made such a request, yet Vancouver Canucks GM Mike Gillis seemed to leave the door open about the two-way player being moved.
At the very least, he didn’t exactly slam the door shut on the possibility, as the Vancouver Province’s Ben Kuzma reports.
“Nothing has changed,” Gillis said. “Some report came out of Sochi. I won’t comment on it under any circumstances and whether Ryan asked or didn’t ask (for a trade). I’m not discussing this. I don’t know who Louis Jean is, I never met the guy. He could have called me.”
While that seems like an elaborate “no comment,” his follow-up is a bit more intriguing.
Gillis: "We've got four games before the deadline. We've got teams calling us about all kinds of different situations and circumstances."—
Ben Kuzma (@benkuzma) February 27, 2014
That’s certainly not the emphatic statement that Kesler’s agent made, one way or another. Could this be Gillis’ way of saying that he’ll at least listen to offers?
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 16
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13