Feb 26, 2014, 11:26 PM EDT
Could there be some trade talks regarding Ryan Kesler? Kesler’s agent denies TVA Sports’ Louis Jean’s report that Kesler made such a request, yet Vancouver Canucks GM Mike Gillis seemed to leave the door open about the two-way player being moved.
At the very least, he didn’t exactly slam the door shut on the possibility, as the Vancouver Province’s Ben Kuzma reports.
“Nothing has changed,” Gillis said. “Some report came out of Sochi. I won’t comment on it under any circumstances and whether Ryan asked or didn’t ask (for a trade). I’m not discussing this. I don’t know who Louis Jean is, I never met the guy. He could have called me.”
While that seems like an elaborate “no comment,” his follow-up is a bit more intriguing.
Gillis: "We've got four games before the deadline. We've got teams calling us about all kinds of different situations and circumstances."—
Ben Kuzma (@benkuzma) February 27, 2014
That’s certainly not the emphatic statement that Kesler’s agent made, one way or another. Could this be Gillis’ way of saying that he’ll at least listen to offers?
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 8
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 8
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 25
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 40
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 12
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 34
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (43)
- New Caps regime plans to keep Ovechkin at RW (for now) (42)
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal (39)