Feb 26, 2014, 11:26 PM EDT
Could there be some trade talks regarding Ryan Kesler? Kesler’s agent denies TVA Sports’ Louis Jean’s report that Kesler made such a request, yet Vancouver Canucks GM Mike Gillis seemed to leave the door open about the two-way player being moved.
At the very least, he didn’t exactly slam the door shut on the possibility, as the Vancouver Province’s Ben Kuzma reports.
“Nothing has changed,” Gillis said. “Some report came out of Sochi. I won’t comment on it under any circumstances and whether Ryan asked or didn’t ask (for a trade). I’m not discussing this. I don’t know who Louis Jean is, I never met the guy. He could have called me.”
While that seems like an elaborate “no comment,” his follow-up is a bit more intriguing.
Gillis: "We've got four games before the deadline. We've got teams calling us about all kinds of different situations and circumstances."—
Ben Kuzma (@benkuzma) February 27, 2014
That’s certainly not the emphatic statement that Kesler’s agent made, one way or another. Could this be Gillis’ way of saying that he’ll at least listen to offers?
- West update: Stars blow lead yet still improve hold on wild card spot 4
- East update: Red Wings eke out shootout win for key points 0
- Luongo continues to foil Schneider as Panthers damage Devils’ playoff hopes 3
- TGIF: In which we salivate over potential playoff matchups 10
- Backstrom to receive silver medal, IOC says Sweden doctor ‘made a serious error’ 28
- Pens lose Neal to concussion 57
- Here are the top 10 and bottom 10 goalies in even-strength save percentage 22
- Weekend preview: Flyers-Pens rivalry renewed, Bruins look to stay hot 12
- Video: Stamkos scores first goal since returning to Lightning lineup 4
- Sedin backs Tortorella and staff: ‘We love playing for these coaches’ 26
- Here are three ‘major changes’ the NHL should consider (98)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (74)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (62)
- Video: Dryden on why hockey should ‘give up the fighting, but keep the fight’ (57)
- Pens lose Neal to concussion (57)