Feb 26, 2014, 11:26 PM EDT
Could there be some trade talks regarding Ryan Kesler? Kesler’s agent denies TVA Sports’ Louis Jean’s report that Kesler made such a request, yet Vancouver Canucks GM Mike Gillis seemed to leave the door open about the two-way player being moved.
At the very least, he didn’t exactly slam the door shut on the possibility, as the Vancouver Province’s Ben Kuzma reports.
“Nothing has changed,” Gillis said. “Some report came out of Sochi. I won’t comment on it under any circumstances and whether Ryan asked or didn’t ask (for a trade). I’m not discussing this. I don’t know who Louis Jean is, I never met the guy. He could have called me.”
While that seems like an elaborate “no comment,” his follow-up is a bit more intriguing.
That’s certainly not the emphatic statement that Kesler’s agent made, one way or another. Could this be Gillis’ way of saying that he’ll at least listen to offers?
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 33
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 13
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 94
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 17
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (94)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)