Feb 26, 2014, 4:20 PM EDT
Marian Gaborik will look to get his injury-riddled campaign on track Thursday in New Jersey.
The Columbus winger, who has missed the last 22 games with a broken collarbone, will return to the Blue Jackets’ lineup for the first time since late December, the club announced on today.
“I expect him to come out hard and play hard,” Blue Jackets coach Todd Richards told the Columbus Dispatch. “And if he does that, he’s going to play fast and generate some offensive chances for us.”
As mentioned above, it’s been a trying season for Gaborik’s health. The broken collarbone was the second major injury suffered this year — in November, he sprained his knee and missed 17 games (and actually broke the collarbone in his first game back from the knee ailment.)
On the year, Gaborik has 12 points in 18 games, averaging 17:47 TOI per game.
It’ll be interesting to see how the Jackets respond to having the Slovakian sniper back in the lineup. The team has fared extremely well every since Nathan Horton returned from offseason shoulder surgery, and will have almost its full compliment of forwards with Gaborik back in the mix.
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 5
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 15
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 77
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 17
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 14
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 13
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 46
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 4
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (77)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)