Feb 26, 2014, 4:20 PM EDT
Marian Gaborik will look to get his injury-riddled campaign on track Thursday in New Jersey.
The Columbus winger, who has missed the last 22 games with a broken collarbone, will return to the Blue Jackets’ lineup for the first time since late December, the club announced on today.
“I expect him to come out hard and play hard,” Blue Jackets coach Todd Richards told the Columbus Dispatch. “And if he does that, he’s going to play fast and generate some offensive chances for us.”
As mentioned above, it’s been a trying season for Gaborik’s health. The broken collarbone was the second major injury suffered this year — in November, he sprained his knee and missed 17 games (and actually broke the collarbone in his first game back from the knee ailment.)
On the year, Gaborik has 12 points in 18 games, averaging 17:47 TOI per game.
It’ll be interesting to see how the Jackets respond to having the Slovakian sniper back in the lineup. The team has fared extremely well every since Nathan Horton returned from offseason shoulder surgery, and will have almost its full compliment of forwards with Gaborik back in the mix.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 82
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (92)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (76)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (40)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)