Feb 25, 2014, 7:31 PM EDT
While (still fairly new) Buffalo Sabres GM Tim Murray played it coy here and there, he didn’t make any bones about it: the ideal situation would probably involve Ryan Miller being traded to a contender with the Sabres getting “value” back. At this very moment, a contract extension isn’t in the works.
As PHT’s Joe Yerdon notes, Murray seems like he’s looking for prospects already a little bit into their development, at least if he gets his way.
Murray admits that the trade market has been pretty quite so far, although he also gave an interesting gauge of interest for Miller: more than two teams but less than 10 are inquiring about the 33-year-old netminder.
He also details some of the discussions regarding agitating forward Steve Ott and the possibility of Ted Nolan getting the interim tag removed from his head coaching title. Here’s full video of the Sabres press conference, which happened before NHL play resumed between Buffalo and the Carolina Hurricanes on Tuesday:
Speaking of Murray’s trade talks, his uncle Bryan is trying to land a deal for the Ottawa Senators. Bryan admitted that he’s given his nephew a call, but as he told Senators Extra, it doesn’t sound like there will be any family discounts.
“I made a proposal on one and he said, ‘it’s all business, Bryan, you know that.’” Bryan Murray said. “He’s asking high.”
The big question with the trade deadline rapidly approaching is: will he back down enough to get something done? So far, this appears to be the calm before the storm (unless Tim Murray is underselling his hand, of course).
Apr 24, 2014, 8:04 AM EDT
Elsewhere, Detroit will play Boston and Colorado will face the Wild.
Apr 24, 2014, 1:59 AM EDT
The Blackhawks gave the Blues a taste of their own medicine.
Apr 24, 2014, 12:52 AM EDT
Another memorable moment for the American star.
Apr 24, 2014, 12:25 AM EDT
The NFL defensive back strategy.
Apr 23, 2014, 11:29 PM EDT
Nice gesture … bad sign?
Apr 23, 2014, 11:04 PM EDT
Nick Foligno called his goal ahead of time.
Apr 23, 2014, 10:50 PM EDT
Just a nightmarish evening for Anaheim.
Apr 23, 2014, 10:39 PM EDT
Is history repeating itself?
Apr 23, 2014, 10:12 PM EDT
Pittsburgh once again can’t hold a team to less than three goals.
Apr 23, 2014, 10:00 PM EDT
Many wonder why he played the puck.
Apr 23, 2014, 9:36 PM EDT
He was hurt on Saturday.
Apr 23, 2014, 9:27 PM EDT
We ask, you answer.
Apr 23, 2014, 9:11 PM EDT
He was punished for a knee-on-knee hit to Colorado’s Tyson Barrie.
Apr 23, 2014, 8:37 PM EDT
Chicago is trying to even the series.
Apr 23, 2014, 8:03 PM EDT
But Pittsburgh’s lead is far from secure.
Apr 23, 2014, 7:47 PM EDT
He was second in the regular season scoring race.
Apr 23, 2014, 7:33 PM EDT
San Jose will go for the sweep on Thursday.
Apr 23, 2014, 7:03 PM EDT
Nick Schultz took his place.
Apr 23, 2014, 6:46 PM EDT
The game will start at 8:00 p.m. ET.
Apr 23, 2014, 6:17 PM EDT
Neither team has done a good job of playing with the lead.
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 17
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 18
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 71
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 94
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 39
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 15
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 12
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 43
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 56
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (136)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)