Feb 25, 2014, 7:31 PM EDT
While (still fairly new) Buffalo Sabres GM Tim Murray played it coy here and there, he didn’t make any bones about it: the ideal situation would probably involve Ryan Miller being traded to a contender with the Sabres getting “value” back. At this very moment, a contract extension isn’t in the works.
As PHT’s Joe Yerdon notes, Murray seems like he’s looking for prospects already a little bit into their development, at least if he gets his way.
Murray admits that the trade market has been pretty quite so far, although he also gave an interesting gauge of interest for Miller: more than two teams but less than 10 are inquiring about the 33-year-old netminder.
He also details some of the discussions regarding agitating forward Steve Ott and the possibility of Ted Nolan getting the interim tag removed from his head coaching title. Here’s full video of the Sabres press conference, which happened before NHL play resumed between Buffalo and the Carolina Hurricanes on Tuesday:
Speaking of Murray’s trade talks, his uncle Bryan is trying to land a deal for the Ottawa Senators. Bryan admitted that he’s given his nephew a call, but as he told Senators Extra, it doesn’t sound like there will be any family discounts.
“I made a proposal on one and he said, ‘it’s all business, Bryan, you know that.’” Bryan Murray said. “He’s asking high.”
The big question with the trade deadline rapidly approaching is: will he back down enough to get something done? So far, this appears to be the calm before the storm (unless Tim Murray is underselling his hand, of course).
Mar 9, 2014, 11:27 PM EDT
St. Louis has had Minnesota’s (and the league’s) number lately.
Mar 9, 2014, 10:40 PM EDT
Los Angeles took its seventh win in a row despite the incident.
Mar 9, 2014, 10:08 PM EDT
Keeping pace with other West powers.
Mar 9, 2014, 9:03 PM EDT
Don’t worry, they won’t join the Washington Generals.
Mar 9, 2014, 8:45 PM EDT
Impressively, he returned to action in the second period.
Mar 9, 2014, 8:01 PM EDT
Mar 9, 2014, 7:29 PM EDT
Patrick Kane comes home.
Mar 9, 2014, 7:12 PM EDT
Brian Elliott gets a rare start for St. Louis.
Mar 9, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
It might be due to an Ed Jovanovski hit.
Mar 9, 2014, 6:01 PM EDT
It doesn’t sound great for their would-be starter.
Mar 9, 2014, 5:27 PM EDT
Calgary releases a statement on the matter.
Mar 9, 2014, 4:50 PM EDT
Mar 9, 2014, 3:57 PM EDT
The appetite to make a change seems to be growing.
Mar 9, 2014, 3:07 PM EDT
Detroit has lost its Wild Card spot.
Mar 9, 2014, 2:10 PM EDT
The once promising rookie was put on waivers by Ottawa.
Mar 9, 2014, 1:18 PM EDT
He’s scored in every New Jersey game since the Olympics.
Mar 9, 2014, 12:33 PM EDT
That’s on top of all the talent they traded away.
Mar 9, 2014, 11:58 AM EDT
Can Johan Franzen maintain his incredible post-Olympics pace?
Mar 9, 2014, 11:30 AM EDT
The 21-year-old is making the transition from the KHL.
Mar 9, 2014, 10:37 AM EDT
It helped lead St. Louis to its fourth straight win.
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 0
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 15
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 30
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 10
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (67)