Feb 25, 2014, 8:34 PM EDT
Aside from a promising update for Tomas Vokoun, the Pittsburgh Penguins’ injury news has been pretty glum. The latest negative update is that forward Beau Bennett suffered a setback in recovery from hand/wrist surgery, prompting the team to add three-to-four weeks to his rehab outlook.
Bennett, 22, suffered the issue in November. Like several other Penguins including Martin, it seems like the young forward simply hasn’t enjoyed much luck health-wise this season.
If there aren’t any other setbacks, it’s plausible that Bennett would be able to shake off the rust for the 2014 playoffs. The 2010 first-rounder (20th overall) has three points in 12 games at the NHL level this season. Overall, he has 17 points in 38 NHL games, with 2012-13 representing his rookie campaign.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 68
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 42
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 32
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 22
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 56
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)