Feb 25, 2014, 8:34 PM EDT
Aside from a promising update for Tomas Vokoun, the Pittsburgh Penguins’ injury news has been pretty glum. The latest negative update is that forward Beau Bennett suffered a setback in recovery from hand/wrist surgery, prompting the team to add three-to-four weeks to his rehab outlook.
Bennett, 22, suffered the issue in November. Like several other Penguins including Martin, it seems like the young forward simply hasn’t enjoyed much luck health-wise this season.
If there aren’t any other setbacks, it’s plausible that Bennett would be able to shake off the rust for the 2014 playoffs. The 2010 first-rounder (20th overall) has three points in 12 games at the NHL level this season. Overall, he has 17 points in 38 NHL games, with 2012-13 representing his rookie campaign.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 15
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 37
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)