Feb 25, 2014, 8:34 PM EDT
Aside from a promising update for Tomas Vokoun, the Pittsburgh Penguins’ injury news has been pretty glum. The latest negative update is that forward Beau Bennett suffered a setback in recovery from hand/wrist surgery, prompting the team to add three-to-four weeks to his rehab outlook.
Bennett, 22, suffered the issue in November. Like several other Penguins including Martin, it seems like the young forward simply hasn’t enjoyed much luck health-wise this season.
If there aren’t any other setbacks, it’s plausible that Bennett would be able to shake off the rust for the 2014 playoffs. The 2010 first-rounder (20th overall) has three points in 12 games at the NHL level this season. Overall, he has 17 points in 38 NHL games, with 2012-13 representing his rookie campaign.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7