Feb 25, 2014, 8:34 PM EDT
Aside from a promising update for Tomas Vokoun, the Pittsburgh Penguins’ injury news has been pretty glum. The latest negative update is that forward Beau Bennett suffered a setback in recovery from hand/wrist surgery, prompting the team to add three-to-four weeks to his rehab outlook.
Bennett, 22, suffered the issue in November. Like several other Penguins including Martin, it seems like the young forward simply hasn’t enjoyed much luck health-wise this season.
If there aren’t any other setbacks, it’s plausible that Bennett would be able to shake off the rust for the 2014 playoffs. The 2010 first-rounder (20th overall) has three points in 12 games at the NHL level this season. Overall, he has 17 points in 38 NHL games, with 2012-13 representing his rookie campaign.
- All eyes on Lundqvist 3
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 9
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 27
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 38
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 46
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)