Feb 25, 2014, 11:40 PM EST
The Pittsburgh Penguins will face the Chicago Blackhawks in the next Stadium Series game at Soldier Field in Chicago, so it makes sense that Marc-Andre Fleury is giving a nod to the Steelers with his mask.
It’s not the first time Fleury acknowledged the Penguins’ NFL cousins, as he went out with a real Steelers helmet to support the team before an eventual Super Bowl loss to the Green Bay Packers back in 2011:
Bergeron also designed Blackhawks goalie Corey Crawford’s mask, which sadly doesn’t evoke Mike Ditka or even the intense look in Mike Singeltary’s eyes.
Is it too late to throw in a Jim McMahon bandanna, at least?
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 12
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 22
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 15
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 72
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 20
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Video: Penguins hold on to beat Capitals for first time this season 28
- Video: Fight erupts between Penguins and Capitals inside Pittsburgh’s bench 40
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (74)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)