Feb 25, 2014, 11:40 PM EST
The Pittsburgh Penguins will face the Chicago Blackhawks in the next Stadium Series game at Soldier Field in Chicago, so it makes sense that Marc-Andre Fleury is giving a nod to the Steelers with his mask.
It’s not the first time Fleury acknowledged the Penguins’ NFL cousins, as he went out with a real Steelers helmet to support the team before an eventual Super Bowl loss to the Green Bay Packers back in 2011:
Bergeron also designed Blackhawks goalie Corey Crawford’s mask, which sadly doesn’t evoke Mike Ditka or even the intense look in Mike Singeltary’s eyes.
Is it too late to throw in a Jim McMahon bandanna, at least?
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 12
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 10
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 5
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 29
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11