Feb 25, 2014, 11:40 PM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins will face the Chicago Blackhawks in the next Stadium Series game at Soldier Field in Chicago, so it makes sense that Marc-Andre Fleury is giving a nod to the Steelers with his mask.
It’s not the first time Fleury acknowledged the Penguins’ NFL cousins, as he went out with a real Steelers helmet to support the team before an eventual Super Bowl loss to the Green Bay Packers back in 2011:
Bergeron also designed Blackhawks goalie Corey Crawford’s mask, which sadly doesn’t evoke Mike Ditka or even the intense look in Mike Singeltary’s eyes.
Is it too late to throw in a Jim McMahon bandanna, at least?
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 94
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5