Feb 25, 2014, 11:40 PM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins will face the Chicago Blackhawks in the next Stadium Series game at Soldier Field in Chicago, so it makes sense that Marc-Andre Fleury is giving a nod to the Steelers with his mask.
It’s not the first time Fleury acknowledged the Penguins’ NFL cousins, as he went out with a real Steelers helmet to support the team before an eventual Super Bowl loss to the Green Bay Packers back in 2011:
Bergeron also designed Blackhawks goalie Corey Crawford’s mask, which sadly doesn’t evoke Mike Ditka or even the intense look in Mike Singeltary’s eyes.
Is it too late to throw in a Jim McMahon bandanna, at least?
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 4
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 8
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 33
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)