Feb 25, 2014, 11:40 PM EST
The Pittsburgh Penguins will face the Chicago Blackhawks in the next Stadium Series game at Soldier Field in Chicago, so it makes sense that Marc-Andre Fleury is giving a nod to the Steelers with his mask.
It’s not the first time Fleury acknowledged the Penguins’ NFL cousins, as he went out with a real Steelers helmet to support the team before an eventual Super Bowl loss to the Green Bay Packers back in 2011:
Bergeron also designed Blackhawks goalie Corey Crawford’s mask, which sadly doesn’t evoke Mike Ditka or even the intense look in Mike Singeltary’s eyes.
Is it too late to throw in a Jim McMahon bandanna, at least?
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 2
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 19
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 16
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 16
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 22
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers face Red Wings on Rivalry Night 13
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 9
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 4
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)