Feb 25, 2014, 9:44 PM EDT
Jet lag wasn’t a problem for Ryan Miller on Tuesday. It sounds like widespread trade rumors and most of the Carolina Hurricanes’ shots didn’t bother him a whole lot, either, as the Buffalo Sabres won 3-2 largely because of his efforts tonight.
Miller, 33, stopped 36 out of 38 shots in that win. In an odd and fitting twist, he also assisted on both of Christian Ehrhoff‘s goals, including the late game-winner. Tyler Ennis was the other Sabres player who found the net on Tuesday.
Here’s video of the Ehrhoff winner:
Eric Staal and Alexander Semin were the only Hurricanes players who managed to beat Miller tonight, as both collected their 15th goals of the season. It wasn’t such a great evening for Cam Ward, who allowed three goals on just 18 shots. Carolina held a shot advantage in every period but still lost in regulation.
On a night when the bleary-eyed NHL got back to work after a short turnaround from Sochi, Miller made his latest argument that he could give a potential suitor a serious boost.
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 4
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 30
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 107
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 2) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7