Feb 25, 2014, 9:44 PM EDT
Jet lag wasn’t a problem for Ryan Miller on Tuesday. It sounds like widespread trade rumors and most of the Carolina Hurricanes’ shots didn’t bother him a whole lot, either, as the Buffalo Sabres won 3-2 largely because of his efforts tonight.
Miller, 33, stopped 36 out of 38 shots in that win. In an odd and fitting twist, he also assisted on both of Christian Ehrhoff‘s goals, including the late game-winner. Tyler Ennis was the other Sabres player who found the net on Tuesday.
Here’s video of the Ehrhoff winner:
Eric Staal and Alexander Semin were the only Hurricanes players who managed to beat Miller tonight, as both collected their 15th goals of the season. It wasn’t such a great evening for Cam Ward, who allowed three goals on just 18 shots. Carolina held a shot advantage in every period but still lost in regulation.
On a night when the bleary-eyed NHL got back to work after a short turnaround from Sochi, Miller made his latest argument that he could give a potential suitor a serious boost.
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 0
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 43
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 5
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 37
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 39
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 15
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 98
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 18
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)