Feb 25, 2014, 9:44 PM EDT
Jet lag wasn’t a problem for Ryan Miller on Tuesday. It sounds like widespread trade rumors and most of the Carolina Hurricanes’ shots didn’t bother him a whole lot, either, as the Buffalo Sabres won 3-2 largely because of his efforts tonight.
Miller, 33, stopped 36 out of 38 shots in that win. In an odd and fitting twist, he also assisted on both of Christian Ehrhoff‘s goals, including the late game-winner. Tyler Ennis was the other Sabres player who found the net on Tuesday.
Here’s video of the Ehrhoff winner:
Eric Staal and Alexander Semin were the only Hurricanes players who managed to beat Miller tonight, as both collected their 15th goals of the season. It wasn’t such a great evening for Cam Ward, who allowed three goals on just 18 shots. Carolina held a shot advantage in every period but still lost in regulation.
On a night when the bleary-eyed NHL got back to work after a short turnaround from Sochi, Miller made his latest argument that he could give a potential suitor a serious boost.
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 1
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 35
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 49
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)