Feb 25, 2014, 9:44 PM EDT
Jet lag wasn’t a problem for Ryan Miller on Tuesday. It sounds like widespread trade rumors and most of the Carolina Hurricanes’ shots didn’t bother him a whole lot, either, as the Buffalo Sabres won 3-2 largely because of his efforts tonight.
Miller, 33, stopped 36 out of 38 shots in that win. In an odd and fitting twist, he also assisted on both of Christian Ehrhoff‘s goals, including the late game-winner. Tyler Ennis was the other Sabres player who found the net on Tuesday.
Here’s video of the Ehrhoff winner:
Eric Staal and Alexander Semin were the only Hurricanes players who managed to beat Miller tonight, as both collected their 15th goals of the season. It wasn’t such a great evening for Cam Ward, who allowed three goals on just 18 shots. Carolina held a shot advantage in every period but still lost in regulation.
On a night when the bleary-eyed NHL got back to work after a short turnaround from Sochi, Miller made his latest argument that he could give a potential suitor a serious boost.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 12
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 9
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 28
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)