Feb 25, 2014, 9:44 PM EDT
Jet lag wasn’t a problem for Ryan Miller on Tuesday. It sounds like widespread trade rumors and most of the Carolina Hurricanes’ shots didn’t bother him a whole lot, either, as the Buffalo Sabres won 3-2 largely because of his efforts tonight.
Miller, 33, stopped 36 out of 38 shots in that win. In an odd and fitting twist, he also assisted on both of Christian Ehrhoff‘s goals, including the late game-winner. Tyler Ennis was the other Sabres player who found the net on Tuesday.
Here’s video of the Ehrhoff winner:
Eric Staal and Alexander Semin were the only Hurricanes players who managed to beat Miller tonight, as both collected their 15th goals of the season. It wasn’t such a great evening for Cam Ward, who allowed three goals on just 18 shots. Carolina held a shot advantage in every period but still lost in regulation.
On a night when the bleary-eyed NHL got back to work after a short turnaround from Sochi, Miller made his latest argument that he could give a potential suitor a serious boost.
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 1
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 22
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 8
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 5
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 4
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 48
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)